I have a pip!

Pics

kesrchicky16

Songster
Dec 13, 2016
I should soooooo be sleeping but tomorrow (well it's after midnight so today) is hatch day and I was laying I bed (yes stupid me putting the incubator in my bedroom) and I heard a peep. 2:00 first external pip! Hopefully peepy little chick by morning.

Chick 3 has arrived. Another buff Orpington. Can't see it's comb so father unknown for now.

Still just 1 pip left. Well see what night brings and update in the morning. Time for this mama hen to sleep.

I'll leave you all with this. First pic is baby 1 on the left. Rest of the pics are baby 1.
20180112_181802.jpg
20180112_193409.jpg
20180112_193521.jpg

One of mine that developed but died in the shell was in a football shaped egg. I did an egg necropsy and it had no air cell what so ever in it. :( It had not died long before opened it (but it was stiff) but the blood was red enough to tell me that had I gone with my gut and did that sooner, it MAY have lived (or I may have killed it and would feeling pretty crummy right now). It did not die from me assisting. Had it been still alive, it would have bled when I was unhusking the shell. No bleeding....
It has a developed air cell that I marked when I candled at lockdown.

I'm so jealous. I want to be hatching but I'm trying to wait a few more weeks.
Congrats, and continued good luck with the hatch!
This was out of necessity. My alpha roo is no longer and I wanted his babies. I was at a now or never point. That is why I want rose comb and walnut comb babies. He was a backyard breed but he got his rose comb and his brother didn't. So any rose comb babies are his.

Back
Top Bottom