I have a pip!

Ok I have a vent question. I had one chick with some shell or membrane stuck to its "back" as I cleaned it it became evident it was over the vent. I have since cleaned it's bum a couple times. I have watched it poop and need to be wiped a couple times. My question is the vent seems to be a tiny hole over a vertical fold. It looks more like a bum then a vent. Is it just working things out or is something wrong? I will take a pic of it the next time I play with them/check on them and all their little bums.

Ok I have a vent question. I had one chick with some shell or membrane stuck to its "back" as I cleaned it it became evident it was over the vent. I have since cleaned it's bum a couple times. I have watched it poop and need to be wiped a couple times. My question is the vent seems to be a tiny hole over a vertical fold. It looks more like a bum then a vent. Is it just working things out or is something wrong? I will take a pic of it the next time I play with them/check on them and all their little bums.
Just waiting for the pic before making suggestions....;)

Attachments

• 20180113_230704.jpg
    20180113_230704.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm no expert but compared to the other 4 bums I checked today no it isn't "normal" I'm hoping for survivable and functional. LOL
I was looking for pics to compare, that's why it took me a bit to reply.
It almost looks like a puncture of sorts. I really have no idea! I'm hoping one of the ladies I tagged are still online! They would have a better idea...:fl

So far I'm not seeing ANY evidence of Dads. And I don't know chicks other then Google images.

The younger ones will learn from the 3 24hr+ guys right? Or do I need to personally show everyone food and water?

Back
Top Bottom