I have a problem do I need dispatch

We are totally organic chemical free don’t use anything toxic not even soap we use microbes to clean and non gm foods

The chicks are kept inside in a wooden run and have not taken them out they get what I feed them only there is noway they got a toxin don’t even use neem to grow due to aza in it
Clean as a bee

If you want, I can run that diet through my diet formulation software later tonight and give you an idea of what, if any, nutrients they are deficient in.
That’s where my other report came from someone on here did it for me
But sure I’d love a 2nd opinion never hurts to learn eh
Tell me what you need and I’ll post up

Base is joe Solomon /Justin Rhodes soy free recipie

Corn 30%
Wheat30%
Peas 20%
Oat 10%

Kelp and grit free form

And then they get as it’s avalible daily from a family of 9
As it requires 10% meat meal added back we make regular protine additions

meat/cheese/curds
Greens salad leaves /kelp/broccoli:cabbage/fruit/
Egg and herbs and fish amino
Poultry spice
And any non salty leftovers when the big flock gets it baby’s get a handful to pick in too

Last edited:
Dang yeah this is a tough one. If it were mareks Id really expect them to be super thin, a little more "twitchy" or panting (since it causes nerve pain)

Sorry its tough and to have several hit by it.

That’s where my other report came from someone on here did it for me
But sure I’d love a 2nd opinion never hurts to learn eh
Tell me what you need and I’ll post up

Base is joe Solomon /Justin Rhodes soy free recipie

Corn 30%
Wheat30%
Peas 20%
Oat 10%

Kelp and grit free form

And then they get as it’s avalible daily from a family of 9
As it requires 10% meat meal added back we make regular protine additions

meat/cheese/curds
Greens salad leaves /kelp/broccoli:cabbage/fruit/
Egg and herbs and fish amino
Poultry spice
And any non salty leftovers when the big flock gets it baby’s get a handful to pick in too
I can see your inclusion amounts from the picture you posted. The picture makes it look like it was run through homemade feed formulation software, which isn’t necessarily bad, but can miss some things. I’ll run it through commercial grade software and let you know what it comes up with.

You said they don't get outside and their food is grit free? How do their crops feel?
Good catch, even if the food is ground they would still need grit! I also still think that it's possible that this batch may be less nutrients since OP hasn't had issues in the past. The grain is only as nutrient dense as the soil it's grown in.

I'm not going to tell you whether that's Marek's or not. What I don't know about poultry illness and injury would fill books - and does. I'd like to see more of that feed calculator - it maybe does things mine doesn't , and perhaps doesn't do things mine does.

What I can tell you is that the recipe above most definitely is NOT J Rhodes' recipe. J Rhodes' recipe relies on 10% fish meal. Take the fish meal out, and the recipe goes to [explicative]. Rhodes recipe, not accounting for water weight, and using a theoretical "average" fish meal (Fertrell's product is a little lower) outputs (roughly) 20% protein, 4% fiber, 3.7% fat, Met 0.4, Lys 1.15, Thre 0.7, Tryp 0.2 with an MJ/Kg at almost 14.

Remove the fish meal and replace it with nothing, as someone seems to have done for inexplicable reason? 14% protein, 4.6% fiber, 2.9% fat, Met .2, Lys .65, Thre 0.5, Tryp .14. I did say it went to [explicative] above. I meant it. MJ/kg mKE about 13.7

/edit Old targets, btw, for adult layers are [minimum] 16% protein, 3.5% fat +/-, 3.5% fiber +/-, Met 0.3*, Lys 0.6, Thre 0.5, Tryp 0.2 And any feed between 12 and 14 MJ/kg is typical range - above or below that is special purpose only /edit

Salatin pushes not a feed, but a system. You can't use his feed without using the whole system, or it too falls apart - and it is heavily dependent upon his quality pastures.

Based on published sources, the above feed is deficient across a host of measures. Fix that first. There's no way to know what's in your herbal mix, and I'd have to be concerned about the salt content of your fish aminos, as well. FInally, I am NOT seeing a source on non-phytate Phosphorus, meaning your birds CA : P ratio is likely a wreck as well.

I use Feedipedia.org for average nutritional values of various ingredients. Please, check my work.

* until roughly the 80s, Met couldn't be directly measured easily , you will instead see SAAs - Sulphur containing Amino Acids and a target around 0.6. Depending on the protien source, Met tends to be between 45% and 60% of the total SAA %.

Last edited:
I didn't calculate the meat meal, which is definetely needed as a fish meal substitute, because I don't know what you are using, or how you are treating to before inclusion - its a great big box of unknown.

But most meats are mostly water, meaning if you are including 10% by weight, you are seriously short changing the birds when compared to the dehydrated, fat-reduced fish meals. In its natural state, muscle tends to be around 75% water, 20% protein, and 5% "everything else". the "80/20" you buy at the supermarket as ground beef (or maybe you dont) is actually 75% water, at least 20% protein, and not more than 5% fat - approximately.

Back
Top Bottom