I have a sick baby

Dizzychicky

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2019
I received my first chicks via usps yesterday (04/24/19). There were 17 in total and 16 of them or happy little peepers. There is one though that arrived to us with spraddle leg or splay leg. We got her legs in a homemade brace and she is definitely standing better now. However through the night last night she took a turn for the worse and became very weak. I don't know that she ate or drank anything lastnight. Today however i have spent my day making sure she gets water every 20 min. In this water i have added the tiniest bit of sugar and acv. Also there is some brewers yeast because of some of the symptoms she was having. And offering chicken gruel (starter feed mixed with water until it became a paste). At the last watering and feeding she pooped but it was all liquid and looked black. I know a lot of people would tell me to cull her but i want to give her every chance if there is a remote possability she could pull through. Are there any helpful tips tricks or just plain old chicken wisdom that will get us through this?

Back
Top Bottom