I have a yellow BCM! Update

I have Wade Jeane lines of Black Copper Marans and yes they do occasionly throw a wheatean maran. I have my self hatched out6 in 2 years. They are very pretty birds and wll lay the nice brown egg. Now If you could only get a pair of them you would be set !! I hope you decide to keep it and raise it if nothing else but for eating eggs. Good luck !!

Edited because I can not spell today !

Last edited:
Well, now I have 3 yellow chicks! I e-mailed the lady I bought the eggs from and found out they are Golden Cuckcoo Marans. Her husband was collecting eggs for her and mixed them up. She has very graciously offered to send me some more BC eggs free of charge. So I guess all is well that ends well and I will be back nose stuck to the bator.

I have some BD and Jeane, on my 1st hatch I got a silvery yellow bird. Upon communicating with BD I was told certain lines carry a recessive gene and as soon I figure out if we are white or splash or if I can figure out the bird combo that produced it to start breeding that color. This was straight from the famous breeders mouth!!! Apparently it happens. She is an absolutely beautiful bird so I am happy, everyone else is true BCM

I think I need to clarify something this chick did not come from the shipped eggs, it came from my shipped eggs babies...I know they did not cross breed here. Unfortunately I sold 2 of my 5 roosters so the genetic combo that produced this chick may be gone.

Of all the hatching I've done, I've only gotten ONE wheatan marans hen..... But I've hatched about 5 wheatan marans rooster..Newnanchic were most of yours boys too?.But now she's laying the richest eggs.I need to post a pic for you all to see. ...I have her in a pen with Buddy Henry and Bev Davis stock and guess what, she's as good looking as they are and actually better formation.

I wish I could get more hens to crop out,,,,,gene is recessive to our flock ...... which is Wade Jean line, C-1.

Now, I have a really neat friend who gave me a wheatan baby she hatched out!!!! I pray it will be a girl,,,,,,I'll know in about 2 more weeks.....

I love the wheatans and the BCMs and okay the Blue Coppers.....I wish I knew which hen was giving me the wheatans as I would keep her by herself and just get all those eggies....Ah well.....I just don't have enough separator pens for that~!

Thanks dear friend Newnanchic:hugs

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm glad she's making good on your purchase but I think it's sad when people don't know what they're shipping. When I ship hatching eggs I mark and date them as soon as they come out of the nest so they don't get mixed up with anything else. I got a batch of BO eggs from an ebayer out of NC that claimed they were pure and NPIP. I could tell as soon as they hatched they were'n't like my other BO's and they all seemed to have genetic abnormalities. The 2 pullets that hatched died by 6 months and they ended up looking more like buff buzzards than orpingtons. The roos are destined for freezer camp. It's buyer beware when it comes to ebay.

You want to sell me some eggs? I really want to see their color. I'll have to post my color on this board,....First gotta find the camera. It's been a crazy weekend. SMile

I bought a batch of BCM's. There are a lot of what I think are "sports" in the bunch. Does anyone ahve any pix of a sport, or know where I can view one?

Wondering what everyone thinks now that they are 3 1/2 months old. Roo looks like a wheaton, but what about the hens? Wheaten, Golden Cuckoo or something else?

46277_013.jpg

46277_015.jpg

46277_012.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom