I have African geese one of them has yellow eyes and top of black nob has yellow on it. Here is a pi

Mr.Mom

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2018
6CADBCD9-9C12-45AF-B61D-A2B3803FAC65.jpeg

I agree with Miss Lydia, the face looks female to me. In mature Africans the knob will be larger in males. Also males will be a little larger in body size than females. Males will be broader across the upper chest and have slightly larger feet. Males will have slightly larger heads, and thicker necks. Females will have thinner, more slender "feminine" necks. Its harder to notice these traits in a single goose. But side by side mature males are obvious along side their mates.

Well knob size for one ganders have larger knobs than females and to me yours just looks to have a female face.

@Gray Farms Maybe able to help you more since I haven't had this breed of goose.
I agree with Miss Lydia, the face looks female to me. In mature Africans the knob will be larger in males. Also males will be a little larger in body size than females. Males will be broader across the upper chest and have slightly larger feet. Males will have slightly larger heads, and thicker necks. Females will have thinner, more slender "feminine" necks. Its harder to notice these traits in a single goose. But side by side mature males are obvious along side their mates.

Hi everyone. I have been doing more internet searching and from what some of you have said and from the picture of a gorgeous African Goose someone posted that has the same yellow markings around the eyes, I decided that it must be normal on some strains and as long as he is not scratching all the time I should leave it alone. Just will keep checking him often and observe to see if it gets worse.
Thank you everyone for all your help. It is
44CF26F1-2019-4B7D-8682-9620FAC6DA41.jpeg
greatly appreciated. Handsome Gladstone also is very appreciative since his mom will stop bothering and fussing over him any more. 🤗🙏❤️

Back
Top Bottom