I have an egg that cracked...

Apr 10, 2020
What are my options concerning a large clear egg that cracked on the side? It is still intact and the crack didn't spread. Can I put something on it to keep it from cracking more? I feel so bad and the little chick is far enough along (12 days) that I would hate to lose it. :0(

What are my options concerning a large clear egg that cracked on the side? It is still intact and the crack didn't spread. Can I put something on it to keep it from cracking more? I feel so bad and the little chick is far enough along (12 days) that I would hate to lose it. :0(
Can you post a picture of the crack?

Use candle wax.
Actually, I was going to suggest a natural nail polish. I've had better luck with the polish, it's easier to get it more precisely on the crack. The wax drips all over, I have trouble with it. Apparently this didn't post earlier.

Actually, I was going to suggest a natural nail polish. I've had better luck with the polish, it's easier to get it more precisely on the crack. The wax drips all over, I have trouble with it. Apparently this didn't post earlier.
I was going to suggest that but wasnt sure since I was thinking about possible fumes from it.

I was going to suggest that but wasnt sure since I was thinking about possible fumes from it.
I've hatched 10 eggs that were pretty banged up by patching with nail polish. The more natural the better though. Here is one of my patched quailies in the back. It were dented in shipping. There was another dented one that I had patched, but it was the first one to hatch so it wasn't in the shot.
IMG_20191130_152500_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom