Help - Dropped Eggs

DucklingMama3

In the Brooder
May 4, 2023
I feel awful. I was trying to remove the rotating mechanism and dropped 2 eggs 3 feet down to the floor. They are cracked badly, but membrane intact. What do I do?
Wax is not an option for one of them … missing shell. The other one is cracked so badly it’s about half way around cracked on the hatching side … I don’t know how to help either of them … I’m Not seeing any movement …

I feel awful. I was trying to remove the rotating mechanism and dropped 2 eggs 3 feet down to the floor. They are cracked badly, but membrane intact. What do I do?
Wax is not an option for one of them … missing shell. The other one is cracked so badly it’s about half way around cracked on the hatching side … I don’t know how to help either of them … I’m Not seeing any movement …
Wax if you can! That's all I know. I'm so sorry!

Throw them out.

thats a disaster .. cant say with any certainty, their could be damage beyond the shell, id call it a miracle if you pull it off, but what id try is put them in a small container, cup etc, cover it with cellophane and perforate it with several small holes, then place that in the bator ..

thats a disaster .. cant say with any certainty, their could be damage beyond the shell, id call it a miracle if you pull it off, but what id try is put them in a small container, cup etc, cover it with cellophane and perforate it with several small holes, then place that in the bator ..
Update -

I threw one out the other day … didn’t look good from the membrane to the inside. It changed significantly. However, the other duckling survived and hatched today!!

Back
Top Bottom