I have bought Fish Zole for my chicken who has Canker please advise on how much to give

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Thank you to you all...I am not very good at this, I cant find private messages in top right of screen...its missing on my screen, theres an advert or something with a baby on, is it behind the advert? Sorry to be a pest

It should say New Messages. Do you see that? You are looking for @TwoCrows ,correct?

Hello Steven
Its makes a big difference when you get them from very young. We had some that were bought a year and two down the line a long time back and they had minor fights and were never as friendly as the ones we raised. I love watching their behaviours. They are very smart! The old head of the chicken houshold only has two of her flock remaining. We raised some new chickens and slowly introduced them to her and the two other old ones when the new chicks were about 5 months old. We made sure the old ones saw them every day through chick wire. An interesting thing happened. The pecking order in the new ones had been established but all in a gentle fashion. When we released the little ones to meet the old ones the head of the old ones took Grandma status! She allowed the pecking order in the new chicks to stay the same and it was lovely watching the old ones take Grandma and Grand Aunt status around them. No bullying occurred.The old ones really enjoy having the younger ones round them, I can see that clearly and when I give treats, the old ones offer up theirs to the young ones in a motherly fashion. I simply love these creatures...ps I don't eat them, couldn't possibly do that...I am more liable to eat my next door neighbour in a famine situation than them :)

Back
Top Bottom