I have cancer

My cancer is in its very early stage, but the kind I have is very fast growing. My Dr told me treatments are not a option, surgery to remove my prostate is the best for me at my age, the kind I have and where it is. I am very lucky that we found it when we did before it went or got any further then it is now. Im not wanting the surgery, but if I want to live a long heathy life, I need to have it. Going by what my Dr has told me, everything that I have read and seen about the kind that I have, I think that the surgery will be the best for me. Im to call in the morning and let my Dr know that Im going to go with the surgery. I will keep you updated. Thank you all so much...

My best friend had prostate cancer. It was found early, and he had several options. He opted on cryosurgery. It did change his life, as far as, uh, personally goes, but he opted to live instead of worry about his sex life. He had the procedure done 5 years ago, and he's still around to aggravate me. He gets a psa test every six months, and its always zero.

You will be fine!

My prayers are with you also. I am a breast cancer survivor. I have been cancer free for about 4 years now. I do have a mass in my pancreas that is being watched. I go every 4 months to have it checked out. It is in a spot where the Doctor couldn't get a biopsy so we are just watching for changes.

Glad you are back on :) My uncle was diagnosed aprox 2 years ago with the same. His spread to bladder as well and he has had to have a couple surgeries ( pros & bladder removed) . He wasn't going to do treatments at first but then changed his mind. He just recently was able to go back to work part time. He is doing pretty well overall. I know its a scary diagnosis but try & stay positive - take care of yourself.
hugs.gif

I go on May 9h to have the surgery to remove my prostate. Im not wanting the surgey or looking forward to it, I am looking forward to being cancer free.

Sorry to hear that Ed. I have four relatives who have been through this and I know support groups were a great help. Here in Australia its under "be a man" I'm not sure if they also have online groups but I'd suggest looking for one as they will be able to answer your questions.

Good reminder for everyone too that you should be getting this checked each year. My cousins were not quite 50.

I go on May 9h to have the surgery to remove my prostate. Im not wanting the surgey or looking forward to it, I am looking forward to being cancer free.

I guess we have to do what we have to do to live. It is difficult to loose breasts to cancer but not the same as loosing a prostate. Good luck... You will be our thoughts and prayers.

Ed, I will be keeping you in my best thoughts and prayers. Wishing that May 9th will be a very successful, easy surgery with a truly smooth and speedy recovery. May each day bring you closer to wellness!

Back
Top Bottom