I have decided I have to find a home for my dog.

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
hit.gif
This is going to be so hard. She is a little former stray mutt. I love her so very, very much. She is my bedtime cuddle buddy. Anyway, she is little and my cats hate her. I have 4 adult female cats. All still have their claws. They constantly attack her. Once in awhile all 4 will attack at once. You can't even begin to imagine how terrifying this is until you have seen it happen. She is simply not safe. We have tried just keeping their nails cut but they just bite instead. We can't very well pull their teeth out. I was stupid enough to think that they would all get along. I have NEVER had a problem with cats and dogs living together. She has been here since she was a baby and they have always hated her. I just don't understand. She has never been mean to them. Anyway, the whold point to this was just to pout. I am going to start looking for the right family.
sad.png

Last edited:
We have another dog who is an indoor/outdoor dog and they don't seem to mind her. She is a lot bigger than them, though. I am wondering if it is because this one is small enough they aren't afraid to attack her. However, my other dog hates her, too, and has become an almost exclusively outdoor dog since we got her. It really confuses me.

I want to get a dog or puppy really badly, but I too have four female cats. The white one, Twinkie poofs up to racoon size on sight of a dog and rides intruder dogs out of my yard. It's funny when they're interlopers but I don't want to drive them away or get a pooch only to have the crap beat out of it.
sad.png

I feel your pain.

Could they be jealous?
Anyway it sounds like you're doing the right thing, as hard as it is. She can't be very happy if she's getting beat up all the time.
Best wishes.

Quote:
Weird. I guess we can't expect all animals to like each other like not all people like each other. It is hard to rehome loved ones though
sad.png
I had to rehome a cat for the same reason.

Yeah, it is definitely not the way I want her to live. It is so unfair to her. It is going to be heartbreaking, though.

I was really surprised they would act this way and would have NEVER in a million years imagined it. As bad as I hate to say it, preppy, I probably wouldn't get one either. A year ago, I would have said to go for it that they would get used to the dog. I have changed my mind completely!!!

Quote:
Weird. I guess we can't expect all animals to like each other like not all people like each other. It is hard to rehome loved ones though
sad.png
I had to rehome a cat for the same reason.

I guess that's true......we tend to expect them to do what WE want and forget that sometimes they are just going to make up their own mind. Yes, it is very hard and I am sorry you had to go through this, too.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom