I have expanded ....hehehe

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by KingsCalls, Feb 29, 2008.

1. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I have expanded to not only raising call ducks, mandarins, wood ducks, bantam orps, bantam dominiques and silkies to now getting into FAINTING GOATS.! I have been wanting goats for a while but, did not want any breed that jumps the fences, smell bad or was too big. After reading books and searching the net for goat breeds, I finally decided on the Mini-Fainting goats. They are so cute and small, the male is 18 months old and barely comes up to my knees! I have started with 2 females and a male and my wife has informed me , we will have more! [​IMG] That's fine with me. I just have to build more fence..
    I know nothing about goats except for what I have injested the past few days so, I'm sure this is about to be a huge learning experience. I'll post some pics asap...I'm working Sat. so it may be Sunday before I can post. I didn't realize how high purebred registered goats costs...Thank god Sat. is overtime!

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Wow! Fainting goats! That's so cool. Now be nice and don't make them fait too much. It would be a hoot to see them just fait dead away, tho! [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

ok, I am officially JEALOUS!! I have been wanting them for soo long. But the price keeps me in check! LOL
    Congrats on your new babies, and where are the pics!?????

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats. I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed being a new goat owner. They're such a hoot. Hope you don't wind up with a goat that thinks he's a lap goat like I did. Them hooves hurt! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by