I have got to rant!!!

cheryl98117

Songster
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Indianola Washington
I went to my families reunion today. Everything wentgreat, was having a good time. I took my daughter inside to put her down for her nap. Finally get her to sleep after an hour of fighting with her. Went in to check on her about 30 minutes later, and there in the hallway is my close friends girlfriend, making out with another guy. So I aproach my mother, and ask her opinion on whether or not I should ask my friend if he wants me "in his business or not." I decided that I would tell him, AFTER the party was over. So what does my mother do!? She goes down, and tells my friend what I saw. He confronts his girlfriend, and then she gets in my face and confronts me accusing me of lieing... So now, because I witnessed her indiscretion, my brother, sister in-law "who is said girlfriends friend," the guy that she was kissing, and my friends girlfriend are all ticked off at me!!! All because my friends girlfriend is a tramp. And somehow its MY fault?!!

I mean COME ON!!! If your gonna do something like that, and want to get away with it, for gods sake DON'T do it in the ONLY hallway in the house!!! Is she stupid? Did she really think no-body would notice that she walked in on the arm of one guy, then is seen not two hours later locking lips with another?

And I am the one that everyone is ticked at.
idunno.gif
I wasn't even the one to tell my friend about it!!! I had to leave early, because I was feeling unwelcome. What a sad ending to what was suposed to be an enjoyable time...
barnie.gif

Honestly? The guilty party will eventually bury herself in her lies. You could have said nothing and it would not be long before she made her true colors shine through. Telling on someone like that never, ever goes well. I am not completely sure why, but as an old woman, I can tell you it's true.

Next time, mind your own business, and then think of ways to help her get caught.

What's annoying is that you actually DID mind your own. You went to an elder to ask advice and SHE betrayed your confidence and got everyone mad at YOU with her busybody-ing. That's the part that would burn me.

Of course, I learned YEARS ago I can't trust my mom (or sister) to keep their traps shut about squat... but it wasn't a fun lesson.

Totally sucks..
But i say screw them..
Unless you are a KNOWN liar.. they should trust and believe you..
You have NO reason to make up this lie....
What a bunch of morons... any idiot can figure that out...
Dont pick up the phone if any of them call...

And ya know what... i WOULD have told my friend.. even if i knew the end results would be this mess..because i WOULD want to know if my mate was cheating on me...
If i EVER found out that my friend saw my husband kissing someone else and they didnt tell me.... my god.... no way i would trust that "friend" again..ever... The friendship would be over in my eyes.
You did the RIGHT thing by deciding to tell, you SAW them kissing.. it WASNT heresay or rumor......

Last edited:
Life is a Theater.....

Invite Your Audience Carefully.

Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in your life.

There are some people in your life who need to be

loved from a DISTANCE.

It is amazing what you can accomplish when you

let go of those draining, negative, 'not going anywhere' relationships.

Observe the relationships around you.

Pay close attention....

Which ones lift, and which ones lean?

Which ones encourage, and which ones discourage?

Which ones are on an uphill path, and which ones are heading down?

When you leave certain people, do you feel better or worse?

Which ones always have drama?

Which ones really understand and appreciate you and the gifts that lie within?

Remember that the people you have around you will have an impact on your life,

your values, your dreams and ambitions.

So be careful when choosing the people you hang out with, as well as the information with which you will feed your mind.

We should not share our dreams with negative people, nor should we feed our minds with negative thooughts.

The more we seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around us... the easier it will be to decide who gets to sit in the front row, and who should be moved to the balcony of our life.

Choose wisely who will sit in your front row,

You can not change the people around you......

but

You can change the people you choose to be around

......WHOS IN YOUR FRONT ROW?

Anything a person says, it will get repeated. If they say, 'I never will tell', that doesn't matter. People have their reasons for repeating it, but they repeat it, that's the key fact to know.

One will tell because she feels she must wrong a right, another because it makes her feel superior to be 'in the know' or to 'stir the pot'. Everyone will have their reasons why they had to repeat it(and those reasons may seem good or bad), but it will get repeated. That is a basic fact of life. Accepting that is a part of growing and maturing.

The other thing to keep in mind is that any time anyone tells you anything, they are telling their own point of view, which is usually only a tiny little slice of the whole picture. At the time it might seem so definite and so hard to believe it isn't the whole story, but if you wait, you will find out that the whole picture really is a lot more complicated...I know that from personal experience.

It really is just about impossible for one person to know the whole story, even with what they see with their own eyes. The 'whole story' is more what a whole bunch of people have done over a whole lot of time and people's various opinions about it, and what other people did...it's kind of endless.

If the injured party insists they want to know, then it should only be discussed very privately, with only that one person, and only the exact facts with no opinion and interpretation. Take the person somewhere private, swear you won't discuss the problem with anyone else, and then keep that promise. Ask me how I know, LOL.

I got put in a bad situation, and I was very glad in the end that I didn't repeat what I saw and heard. Especially to the people being talked about.

I think the hardest road to take is the high road. I found it very painful to sit and stew about these things and wonder if it was really true, but in the end, I think the best thing was to leave it lie. There are times when you can't 'stay friends' and you have to make a statement, such as when it's a criminal or civil case, but those are few and far between. And if it is a civil (say, divorce or lawsuit) or criminal matter, the only person to talk to is the lawyer, mentioning it to anyone else can do a lot of harm to the case.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom