I have HAD it with the Post Office

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
I need to scream so please excuse me. YET again ( now the 5th time in a row ) Priority Mail has taken a week.

Last week I purchased duck eggs which were promptly shipped from South Carolina Priority Mail first thing Tuesday morning. I'm in Virginia. They arrived TODAY! Even my wonderful mail carrier has noticed this trend and said something about it to me today.

If it was once I'd let it go but for the past 8 weeks it's become a big problem. If it's mailed Monday via priority mail I get it Saturday if I'm lucky. Everything I have purchased has been very close to me on the East Coast.

So here's another worthless batch of eggs!

What in the world!?

Although, I worked at Yellowstone for awhile and the mail was slow as molasses there.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the packages aren't actually being shipped priority...

Priority Mail is First-Class Mail that weighs over 13 ounces. All matter that is mailable by air can be mailed as Priority Mail in 2-4 days depending on the "Zone". If they ship on Thursday, count on three extra days to cover the weekend.

Express Mail is the fastest mail service offered by the Postal Service. It provides guaranteed expedited service for any mailable matter. Express Mail delivery is offered 365 days a year, including Sundays and holidays.
Use this service when reliability and speed are paramount. Available from the United States Postal Service, it reaches all major markets in the United States and most foreign countries. Express Mail, which can be used to ship letters, documents and other mailable items, carries document reconstruction insurance at no additional cost. You may mail up to 70 pounds. See Exhibit Express Mail.

Delivery is guaranteed by the United States Postal Service and provides for a full postage refund if the item is not delivered on time.

See if they can send them Express instead...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom