I have Hatching and Pipping...Hurray!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Franecca, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Franecca

Franecca Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    Irvine, KY
    We have eggs hatching and pipping!!!!!!!! Our second try at incubating, first successful one. I have two chicks completely hatched and nearly fluffy dry, and at least 9 more eggs that are pipped. I know I need to wait until they are completely dry to move them to their brooder ( which is ready and waiting) but wondered if it is okay to open the bator to get the chicks out with the other eggs pipping.

Thanks for any info!!!!!!!

2. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Congrats [​IMG][​IMG] on your new chicks Isn't it exciting..I will let the professionals answer your question though ..I am new at this..

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    You can open it ONCE just to get them out but do it fast to keep the humidity in. OR you can leave them in up to 24 hours but if the other eggs are rolling around from the chicks, I'd get them out. Congratulations!!

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I'd leave them in there in till the others hatch, if you open the bator and your hum drops you could put the rest of the hatch at risk (the piped ones could shrink wrap in there shell and not be able to hatch) They will be fine without food and water for up to 48 hours (not that I would leave them in that long) See what goes on with the other eggs before you open it JMO.

CONGRATS on the babies !!!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  5. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Congrats on your hatch! How exciting! I'm hoping for pipping and hatching from my bator. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by