I have no idea what I am doing

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Steven Mazzo, May 22, 2017.

1. happy duck

happy duck Crazy duck mom

Mar 24, 2018
    Small town
    My Coop
    Yeah they do get separation anxiety.....

biophiliac likes this.
  2. Steven Mazzo

Steven Mazzo Crowing

May 22, 2017
    North Babylon NY
    87BB4BCE-BE30-421F-8EDC-CF205EC72092.png Watch out Tiger Woods, Lucky just got a hole in 1. :lau

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

That is hysterical. :lol:

4. Here's a question for ya, if a duck lays an egg in the lake, it won't float, so she loses an egg forever, or ducks can't lay eggs in the water? I really don't know the answer to this Q. Any response would be appreciated.

5. shawluvsbirds

shawluvsbirds "FAKE EILLEEN"

Apr 17, 2017
    Missouri
    They would lose it. Mine occasionally plop one out in the water and I find it when I drain the pool. Sometimes I think they get in the water purposely to help pass the egg when they are having a hard time laying.

6. Steven Mazzo

Steven Mazzo Crowing

May 22, 2017
    North Babylon NY
    Lucky lays eggs in the pond all the time lol. I get them out when I empty it a couple times a week. Unfortunately those eggs get thrown out though

7. Very strange behavior, but I can relate to that!
    I'm used to hens laying chicken eggs... Thanks for the info.

8. biophiliac

biophiliac Traveler in BYCLand

Apr 22, 2016
    DeForest, WI
    What's up with lucky? More eggs? New nest?:D

9. Steven Mazzo

Steven Mazzo Crowing

May 22, 2017
    North Babylon NY
    She is still giving us one egg per day but since we broke the nest up she had not been sitting on the so thanks for all the advice. Sometimes I wonder if she sitting on them just to get away from him. He’s a bit relentless and doesn’t give up. Sometimes she is so mad you just tell by looking at her I think she wants to hold him under the water until the bubbles stop. Poor baby girl

10. Steven Mazzo

Steven Mazzo Crowing

May 22, 2017
    North Babylon NY
    Good morning BYC . How is everyone’s summer going so far? Lucky and Flynn are doing well. Lucky is on the mend after a broken toe due to aggressive mating and now dealing with the very start of Bumblefoot on the other foot I’m guessing from favoring the broken toe. We are soaking with epsom salt daily and hoping that will take care of it. I’d love to see some of your spring babies I can’t get enough of those fuzzy little ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: