I have no idea what I am doing

Here's a question for ya, if a duck lays an egg in the lake, it won't float, so she loses an egg forever, or ducks can't lay eggs in the water? I really don't know the answer to this Q. Any response would be appreciated.
Lucky lays eggs in the pond all the time lol. I get them out when I empty it a couple times a week. Unfortunately those eggs get thrown out though

What's up with lucky? More eggs? New nest?:D
She is still giving us one egg per day but since we broke the nest up she had not been sitting on the so thanks for all the advice. Sometimes I wonder if she sitting on them just to get away from him. He’s a bit relentless and doesn’t give up. Sometimes she is so mad you just tell by looking at her I think she wants to hold him under the water until the bubbles stop. Poor baby girl

Good morning BYC . How is everyone’s summer going so far? Lucky and Flynn are doing well. Lucky is on the mend after a broken toe due to aggressive mating and now dealing with the very start of Bumblefoot on the other foot I’m guessing from favoring the broken toe. We are soaking with epsom salt daily and hoping that will take care of it. I’d love to see some of your spring babies I can’t get enough of those fuzzy little ones.

These are my 6 week old pekin girls! They are already bigger than my runners and almost as big as my rouens. Happy Summer! I hope Lucky's foot gets better! Poor thing.

Attachments

• 20190611_085959.jpg
    20190611_085959.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190611_090003.jpg
    20190611_090003.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 6
I’d love to see some of your spring babies I can’t get enough of those fuzzy little ones.
Sorry about Lucky's foot!
Our little bantam hen, Moonshine, just hatched a clutch of eggs yesterday/last night! They are large breed chicks, there are 3, and hopefully will be 4 soon. They will get bigger than her fast!
baby2.jpg

In this pic, she is showing them how to eat, while still warming an unhatched egg, which she rolled closer to the feeder. The 4th egg was started a day late, but she seems to be able to multitask....
bitties eating w mama.jpg

Sorry about Lucky's foot!
Our little bantam hen, Moonshine, just hatched a clutch of eggs yesterday/last night! They are large breed chicks, there are 3, and hopefully will be 4 soon. They will get bigger than her fast!
View attachment 1810661
In this pic, she is showing them how to eat, while still warming an unhatched egg, which she rolled closer to the feeder. The 4th egg was started a day late, but she seems to be able to multitask....
View attachment 1810662
That is the cutest with that baby sticking out from under momma. Congratulations ❤️

Back
Top Bottom