I have no idea what I am doing

Pics
Sorry I've been away for most of the night I've been on the phone and company coming to see the new baby. Baby is getting so fluffy now. I will post more pictures tomorrow I've just been so overwhelmed. I dipped the tip of his beak into the water and that was all it took. He is already eating and drinking and even made its first poop. Very active and vocal running around inspecting his new home. I am going to bed now and hopefully get a good nights sleep. Stay tuned tomorrow for some pictures. Night all

Good
...you've earned a long, peaceful sleep!

Is that right? Much longer than average and if so how much? ( I know NOTHING about ducks).

Yep, a whole lot longer... first, the other eggs hatched about 10 days ago... also, from internal pip to external pip to zip avgs about 24-36 hrs, give or take a bit... from external pip to hatch, this one was close to 60 hrs, I believe? Well over 2 days, for sure...

I know, right!!??!! :lol:

and I must say a HUGE thank you to YOU for tagging me and Ravyn. I know I've been swamped at work, and not able to read as many new threads as I'd like, probably wouldn't have seen this one, and I know Ravyn is dealing with things of her own, so you deserve a big round of applause here! :clap :bow

HUGE X2 on that!!! :bow

awwww shucks, I confess I feel privileged to have found Steven alone with his duck egg and when no one answered after about 45 minutes I decided to take action and find someone to help him. The thousands of hours spent lurking paid off with a few names in the duck section of my mental 'rolodex' and rudimentary knowledge of how to cry for help on this site. I posted him to expect help, and VOILA! YOU were right there! tks again

One Member's signature goes "This is not the end, nor the beginning of the end but perhaps the end of the beginning'...or something. I hope that is the case for Steven's story with this duckling:D

This is one of the best posts I have read in quite a while, barring the ecstatic news of the day, lol...

You did the right thing... thank you... :hugs

Back
Top Bottom