I have no idea what I am doing

i just read this whole thread lol. i have 4 ducks of my own and i have a question. once they turn into adults is it ok that i have 3 males 1 female? i can’t get anymore but could also never forgive myself if i got rid of some of them :( wild ducks land in the pond so they can mate with those ones instead so i can keep all mine?

i just read this whole thread lol. i have 4 ducks of my own and i have a question. once they turn into adults is it ok that i have 3 males 1 female? i can’t get anymore but could also never forgive myself if i got rid of some of them :( wild ducks land in the pond so they can mate with those ones instead so i can keep all mine?
No
They will overbreed her and she will be injured or die
That is far from a good ratio
If it was three ducks to one drake that would be acceptable

Not meaning to be mean but you need to get rid of at least two drakes

No
They will overbreed her and she will be injured or die
That is far from a good ratio
If it was three ducks to one drake that would be acceptable

Not meaning to be mean but you need to get rid of at least two drakes

what if the duck ends up being a drake? is 4 drakes ok? i’ve heard people say if you have no females at all it’s fine. we really don’t wanna get rid of them

what if the duck ends up being a drake? is 4 drakes ok? i’ve heard people say if you have no females at all it’s fine. we really don’t wanna get rid of them
I guess. @thumper650 has all drakes maybe he can give you some insight into that. If you are going to keep all the drakes and only have 1 hen you will have to have 2 set ups or they will kill her!

I guess. @thumper650 has all drakes maybe he can give you some insight into that. If you are going to keep all the drakes and only have 1 hen you will have to have 2 set ups or they will kill her!
All drakes works for some. I have my pekins and runners separated because one of each is aggressive. I do have one girl, she lives with her 2 drakes, one is partially blind, and one is old and small. Never seen the small mallard mate her, but the blind Pekin does. They are separated by sight from the drakes and so far so good.

Def not good. I have 1 to 1 and it’s not good. Your girl could never handle 3

Back
Top Bottom