I have no idea what I want for Christmas...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I find that every year it gets harder and harder to think of things to put on a Christmas wish list, yet both the parents want one. It's hard enough to think of one list, but 2... [​IMG] I already have most of the material things I want and need. And I've told them that. [​IMG]
    Is anyone else having trouble? Any suggestions?

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I buy everything of a reasonable price that I want. I'm not a big wanter. Anything above that price I will not put on any lists. That always leaves me with nothing to ask for when people want a list. I would rather they not ask an if they must then just get me something.

3. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    Get more chickens! [​IMG] I wish i had your problem - my list just gets bigger every year. If you dont know what gifts you want think of practical stuff you might need - shoes, printer ink, gift certificate to your local feed store to buy chicken scratch. ?????

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Ask for a donation made in your name to a charity that supports a cause you believe in. My top charity is Heifer International. It is a tradition in our family for several family members to give Heifer donations in lieu of other gifts.

5. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I used to always buy cheap/generic things like laundry detergent, fabric softener, shampoo. People thought I was nuts, but I asked for name brand stuff- Tide, Downey, Cheerios -you get the idea. I thought it was perfect- something I would use but wouldn't splurge on for myself. Not too costly, either.
    From my dad, who had a bigger budget than others, I would ask for flannel or fleece sheets! Love them, and by the following year would need more!!

6. Gunnygranny

Gunnygranny Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2009
    Western slope
    When my adult kids ask what I want I always say --"for you to come visit" -- we all live in different states. So far that hasn't happened -- but maybe one day. Because my daughters scrap book, I have asked that they make a years with of pictures in scrap book form, and I do get that --its great to see how much the grandkids have grown and what they are doing.
    Because my kids really don't need anything, I alway donate monies to our local food bank in their name. We don't have a county food bank, but one that a private person started yrs ago and works hard to keep it open -- and a good job she does. When food is on supper sale, I always buy extra and give to the food bank. I also give her the eggs that don't sell everyweek. So she get a couple doz --except now -- the "girls' aren't laying very well -- just to cold.

So there are some ideas -- when they ask you what you want -- say you want to take them out to dinner -or come visit them on your dime. It will make both of you happy

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I would also love getting more expensive products like the soaps and laundry items,lol.I buy cheaper things,but would love to get the better brands!

I don't usually get anything for x-mas though I hear this year I am getting a paper/credit card shredder.I am happy about that.

I joke with dh(on Mother's Day) and tell him instead of diamonds get me a load of dirt, a load of mulch,and a gift card to buy some seeds.

I would ask for pratical things.

I would also take some new hens!

When I was younger I circled things in sales ads that I was interested in.

8. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I used to go through the neswpaper and find toys and things I wanted but now I'm too old. I have an ipod, all my clothes and school supplies, chicken and pet needs are covered. The most I can think of are art supplies because I never get enough of those, and a couple movies. I will see both of my parents on Christmas, usually it's morning with mom and afternoon with dad. I like the scrapbook idea and I'll have to do that next year when I'm moved out.

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I asked for a pressure canner.... and I believe Santa is going to deliver this year. [​IMG]

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Since you're moving out next year, why not ask for things for your first apartment or to use in the dorm? george forman grills are popular in dorms without a kitchenette, or a set of pots, kitchen utensils, etc. That;s what I did for my sis her senior year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by