I Have NO Self Control!!!

Quote:
Well, I'm in the constant denial stage, but hubby seems to be concerned asking "how many chicks are coming? how many will you have now?" I'm trying to think of an easy way to break the news about the incubator to him. Something like, "Well honey, I didn't wreck the car. I didn't buy more shoes. I'm not pregnant. And honey, I really love you..." and then break the news about the incubator. What do you think?

I found a great deal on one on Craigslist, I just called hubby while on my way to pick it up and mentioned I was getting it. He was so distracted when I called he didn't say anything. Now that it's here I've had no objections.
big_smile.png

Maybe you can just put in a secluded location, and he'll never you bought one in the first place.

Sonja

Exactly - "I'm having an affair with so and so, I went out and bought that extremely expensive car, I picked up more chickens..... the good news is only one of these is true...."
lol.png

I'm still working on hubby for that one! I think one I raised would be better than store bought anyways. I told him it could even be another life lesson for the boys!

fl.gif
He'll give in soon enough!! I saw on the McMurray site, one person bought 3 turkeys and named them Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. I thought it was kinda amusing!!

thumbsup.gif

This forum makes me feel so good! My husband keeps telling me I have a problem. I ordered 63 chicks from McMurry...bought 9 chicks before they arrived....and now I am trying to convince myself that I do not NEED to go to the feed store this weekend for chick days!!

I live in the middle of nowhere, no chick days to entice me to buy more! Did start looking at incubators though. So that puts me on Step 8???
idunno.gif
It'll all work out in the end. Lots of fresh eggs! Maybe a couple of turkeys! Some geese to mow my yard. That one is easy to convince hubby of!! He already said yes to them!
clap.gif
Now to work on the whole turkey thing....
wink.png
Just remember, I don't have a problem!!
thumbsup.gif

Hmmm, where would I be... Have chicks on order, more chicks on order, just bought a bator, have chicks in the bator, have chicks in my living room, have chicks in my dining room, I'm building more coops... I think I need to be sent to rehab!! lol

i must admit i also have a problem. My mom leaves ALL THE CHICKEN RAISING TO ME. i buy the fertile eggs, the incubator, chicks, and supplies myself. i'm planing on expanding my coop to accommodate at least 60 birds. i've recently gone on a quail craze! I'm going to have at least 90 eggs in the incubator by next week!

Last edited:
lil'chickies :

Did start looking at incubators though. So that puts me on Step 8???
idunno.gif

It might just save your life. As your BYC friend, I must do all that I can to save you. You better get out your VISA. Cheapest price I found was at Cutler. See, you're feeling resuscitated now that you're reaching to click "Add to Cart".​

lau.gif
gig.gif

I love the 12 steps. I'm on step 5, though I am longing for an incubator...

I compiled all the steps and posted them on my blog.
lol.png

FUZZY BUTT ADDICTION
12 STEP PROGRAM:

Step 1: Admit you have a problem.
Step 2: Admit you have a problem to the enablers on your favorite message board. They will nullify the "dark side" of the problem, and introduce you to a new breed of chick you don't have ... yet...
Step 3: Purchase new chick that you learned of in step 2.
Step 4: Deal with coop crowding situations after the fact.
Step 5: Admit (again) you have a problem...
Step 6: Build coop even larger than necessary so you have excuse to buy more
Step 7: Buy more
Step 8: Buy the incubator because you can't order chicks in some of the more rare varieties you are dying to have. Write off cost of incubator as health care expense on taxes because you were 'dying' to have it, so it must have saved your life by purchasing it. Definitely a health care expense.
Step 9: Clear out closet in spare room, put little muzzles over chick beaks and tell SO that the noise coming form closet is just mice and you have that under control. If they persist use the old lie that women use for new clothing-"Oh, that old thing? Had that for years, your just not very observant.
Step 10: Add on to Coop!! Assure hubby it is the only addition. (Till the all the eggs you just bought come in and hatch!!)
Step 11: Move just so your chickens have enough space to free range, no other reason....
Step 12: GIVE UP FIGHTING! You're an addict, get used to it!!!

i would get a bower. i have a really old one and it seems to be doing the trick. they can hold up to 100 chicken eggs, and are fairly cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOWER-EGG-INCUB...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

also, a good way to satisfy addiction (this is EXACTLY what i do when i have too many) is to hatch the eggs for other people and raise the chickens for 2-3 weeks and give them back, this way you almost ALWAYS have the little guys around, and still get your fix

Back
Top Bottom