I have noticed this about BYC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goattalker

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
I have noticed that in general many (not all) of the people on this board are looking for a fight. Many of them can not stand anyone who disagrees with them. It is a complete shame to see adults who have so little self control, and common decency. A good disagreement can yield a lot of information, it can be educational for both sides, it should not be time for snotty comments, and hot responses. JMHO

Well, I think you're just full of hot air!

[just kidding - I've never started or participated in a fight on BYC and intend to stay that way. BYC is for people who love!]

goattalker I dissagree with you
roll.png

Last edited:
I've seen it before, but I wouldn't agree that it happens often. I have always said, there is a way to say things and still get your point across without being rude or confrontational. when I see flaming posts, I cringe and think...gosh, I wish they had THOUGHT before they posted....

Ya think this is bad -- try a parenting message board. Those get super nasty. I think that sometimes, it's just the nature of message boards. There will always be the ones who just want to argue and make others feel crappy. You're right -- it's a shame.

I personally enjoy hearing as many different opinions as possible. I try to read all sides and use them to determine what will work for me. It's sad that some take offense to a different way of doing things.

Quote:
I agree, and so far I have not sniped back at those who have posted hateful comments. What I am doing with this thread is bringing things to the forefront so they can be discussed, and maybe a better mood established. Why do you think Kate quit posting? It sure wasn't because she was feeling the "love". If we all are here to "love" one another, and to support one another, why do we see such ire? Maybe it is time to say "thank you" and take the information people offer, and decide for ourselves? Maybe, just maybe we don't have to argue about this and that? There are many right ways to do things-what works on my farm, may not work on yours. That doesn't mean what I do is wrong, and it doesn't mean what you do is wrong either, it is just different.

PeeperKeeper, I have noticed this ill tempered view on many threads. I have had a couple of people on this board post less than polite responses, and you know what? I'm a big girl, I can over look things, and move on. What I don't understand is why this is happening? Time and life are too short to fight about goats, or chickens, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom