I have one of THOSE orders....

Sounds like you do have a nice lady at the PO, glad she is keeping an eye out for them. Good Luck tomorrow, hope they are on the early truck!

I'm glad she could talk to you.
Tomorrow should certainly be the day! I know I've heard a lot of stories about the expected delivery date being off by 1 day. It must have something to do with how they handle live chick shipments.
Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight!
Thanks SO much ladies!!!! I feel pretty sure they should be here tomorrow! My hubs and I were talking and we think that maybe the hatchery printed the shipping label "early" so, it would appear to have shipped earlier than it really had?? Hoping, that is the case!

I got the call about 5:30am this morning! Hubs hopped outta bed and ran to the post office as I filled their water and feeder to have it all fresh! They made it!!

We did lose two in travel, and I have one I'm really worried about. She wont stand and I have been able to get her to drink a few times but taking her to the water but she just lays there. I picked her up and she nestled right into my hand. Kinda broke my heart. I told my husband if she bounces back, she will probably be a favorite of mine. lol There are two that look a lot alike with the biggest mouths out there. Everyone else would be all content and those two would be carrying on. hahaha There is also a buff, who you can already tell has quite the personality. You stick your hand in she will plow everyone over to get to you and see what you got. I moved the feeder and she jumped everyone to hop into the feeder and check it out. She is a little investigator for sure.

Here is a pic of my lil lady who Im worried for!
Thanks everyone for crossing those fingers and the advice and waiting with me! <3

I had a little chick that looked like yours. She ended up being dehydrated. We gave her lots of sugar water and she perked right up. Good luck.

I had a little chick that looked like yours. She ended up being dehydrated. We gave her lots of sugar water and she perked right up. Good luck.
Thanks, I tried electrolytes, but she actually just passed in my hands. I told my husband he had to take her cause I was just so heart broken for her. The others seem to be adjusting well, they have all warmed up and have been running around everywhere now, no longer huddled under the light. I will have to get better photos later cause I'm gonna need some help determining what I have in there!

Good to know ! I actually just found another with looks like blood poop, but I think it may be her "insides". I picked her up and as I did she had mucus come out of her mouth. I have separated her but I dont think she is well, and not sure what to do to help her? **Heads up gross pic ahead**

Good luck. I know it's hard when you lose one. I fought for over a week to save a chick I'd hatched who had wry neck, and it was heartbreaking. At least your little sweetie got to know a loving touch before she left.

Thanks ladies!! It was heartbreaking! My husband was like...you have only known it an hour and I was like "But it was already my favorite!" hahahaha! Its hard to see any animal suffer. The others are actually drinking and doing well. They are no longer huddled under the lamp, they are all everywhere, checking everything out and just doing their little chick thang! haha Thanks for the info! I actually was able to get some info on it, and sent it with my mother when she took her to nurse her back to health. I hope she can!!!!
fl.gif
I think she was going to be a buff EE! She was pretty!

Back
Top Bottom