I have ordered from many Hatcheries I have found my favorite

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by wahigh, Mar 8, 2011.

1. wahigh

wahigh In the Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Florence
    I have ordered from may hatcheries in the past and this year I deceided I would try a new one (Wasn't to pleased with last years). I ordered 100 Assorted Straight Run and received the 50 Bonus chicks from Mt. Healthy. They hatched in Ohio on Sunday and was at my Post office on Monday morning and all 150 was just as active as if I had hatched them myself. And on the assortments the other hatcheries have never labeled what breed they are so you play the guessing game but these were labeled for my convience. So from now own all my orders will be from Mt. Healthy. Just wanted to share a pleasant experience.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Congrats to you. [​IMG]

3. HickoryGuy

HickoryGuy Songster

Jan 27, 2010
    Hickory, NC
    Did they tell you what breeds of the 50 extras you got were?

4. Dominikker fan

Dominikker fan Hatching

Mar 8, 2011
    Thank You, I wanted some positive info. on Mt. Healthy. Am wanting to try them.

5. AlienChick

AlienChick Songster

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG]
    Good to hear!!

6. wahigh

wahigh In the Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Florence
    Yes they were labeled as bonus chicks and the breed

7. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Songster

Feb 18, 2010
    We bought some chicks from them last year in Feb. They all got here safe and sound..plus a few extras. The extras were all PULLETS:)

8. olds cool

olds cool In the Brooder

Feb 15, 2011
    Leesburg Alabama
    I agree with all the above. We got 50 chicks plus 25 free. They got here less than 24 hours after they were shipped. Amazing. There was one chick that was splay legged but they had sent an extra. The free chicks were marked. We got them first thing Monday morning and they are all doing great. Pics at the link below. My Healthy is tops in my book.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461678

9. cparian

cparian Songster

Nov 5, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Anything from Ohio has got to be top notch:D. I am lucky enough to live 10 minutes from them. I have been there to the actual hatchery. Very clean & professional.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  10. olds cool

olds cool In the Brooder

Feb 15, 2011
    Leesburg Alabama
    wahigh, I just noticed you're from bama. Welcome to the site. I'm new here too but not new to chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by