I have red sex links approximately two weeks old having trouble passing poop help please

I have red Sex Link approximately two weeks old they're eating only chick starter one of them is having trouble passing her poop she is red and swollen but nothing is poking out I don't know what to do please help

welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us! But I am so sorry about your chicks!
hugs.gif
I would check out the ER forum:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
I really don't know what to tell you since this has never happened to me, but there are folks here that will help you! Best wishes!

Does she have Pasty butt, where dried poo blocks her vent? If so please check out "Pasty Butt," by putting that in the search box and see if her symptoms match your chick.

Does she drink enough water? She may benefit from having some watermelon to give her more fluids. Is she a lively chick, that runs around with the others. Usually exercise keeps things moving.

welcome-byc.gif

As already mentioned, check for pasty butt and if that's not the problem, try posting on the ER forum.

Good luck and hope all is well!

Welcome to BYC!

She may just be clogged up try putting Sav-a-Chick Probotics for digestive heath in her water and a few drops a yogurt will help too.

Hello there, and my warmest welcome to the flock! I am quite pleased you decided to join us, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home here! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom