I have several turkey incubating questions. (It's urgent)

DucksAreBest

🦆 𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 🦆
Jan 21, 2021
Camas, Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I'm hatching turkey eggs and I have questions.

1. What is that black dot inside the egg? ( I'm assuming it's a bruise)
1615307010837.png

2. I bought this egg from a person who told me they were fresh. When I came there and he gave me the egg, it felt hot. Well, I thought it was only a day in the incubator, because he said it was fresh. I came home, candled it, and to my surprise it was almost fully developed! I decide to keep on incubating. This egg is almost at lockdown but I don't know what to do, because I have 13 duck eggs that are in the same incubator and the duck eggs are only 7 days in incubation. How to put this egg on lockdown if there's 13 eggs that are only seven days in incubation? @R2elk @MGG @Pyxis @azygous.

Last edited:
I'm hatching turkey eggs and I have questions.

1. What is that black dot inside the egg? ( I'm assuming it's a bruise)
View attachment 2562244

2. I bought this egg from a person who told me they were fresh. When I came there and he gave me the egg, it felt hot. Well, I thought it was only a day in the incubator, because he said it was fresh. I came home, candled it, and to my surprise it was almost fully developed! I decide to keep on incubating. This egg is almost at lockdown but I don't know what to do, because I have 13 duck eggs that are in the same incubator and the duck eggs are only 7 days in incubation. How to put this egg on lockdown if there's 13 eggs that are only seven days in incubation? @R2elk @MGG.
I'm not totally sure what that is. Maybe there was a little fracture in the shell and some bacteria got in?
Idk. @Pyxis, and ideas?

You can lock them all down together! Just lower the humidity once the turkey hatches, and go back to turning the ducks for a few days. It won't hurt a thing. I've done loads of staggered hatches.
Thank you! So, I can increase the humidity to 65%?

Back
Top Bottom