I have sick chickens

Polishchickenmom

Chirping
Feb 12, 2021
My chickens are 4 months old and 1 month old. The 4 month old chickens have fowlpox & have bubbly eyes. They were getting better but now the bubbles in the eyes is worse and now 3 of the chickens is showing the bubbly eye symptoms. My 1 month olds are not showing any signs of anything not even fowlpox. My question is, should I cull the severe ones or keep them isolated? Someone told me they won't get better soon & that they will keep getting this respiratory illness each time seasons change. I had plans to sell my 1 month olds but with this going on will be able to when everyone is better? This is my first flock of chickens

Can you post some photos?
I couldn't get any better photos sorry! She runs from me when I get close. The other ones I noticed have the fowlpox sores on the eyelids plus the bubbles. So are they suffering from both illnesses? The fowlpox and respiratory infection?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210907-212620_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210907-212620_Gallery.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210907-212557_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210907-212557_Gallery.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 9
I don't see Fowl Pox?

I do see feathers in her eye. Try trimming the feathers away from her eyes. Flush the eyes with saline and put a little Terramycin eye ointment or Original Neosporin in the eyes for a few days. See that resolves the eye irritation.

I don't see Fowl Pox?

I do see feathers in her eye. Try trimming the feathers away from her eyes. Flush the eyes with saline and put a little Terramycin eye ointment or Original Neosporin in the eyes for a few days. See that resolves the eye irritation.
It's been a few weeks and the fowlpox finally cleared up on the chickens. It claimed one life and the teary, bubbly eyes, and sneezing is still clinging around. I feel like I should've culled this chicken from the beginning. Now my 1 month old polish chicks have swollen eyelids with teary eyes. I still need help. I don't know what to do. Should I cull this chicken and try to treat the rest?

It is not good if this is true, and I don't really want to say for sure if it is. But I would put out there that you may be dealing with mycoplasma. I have had it and the first symptoms that I remember is a chicken getting a swollen eye. When taken into the vet he diagnosed as mycoplasma. And since then I have dealt with chickens that seem congested and may sneeze.

It is not good if this is true, and I don't really want to say for sure if it is. But I would put out there that you may be dealing with mycoplasma. I have had it and the first symptoms that I remember is a chicken getting a swollen eye. When taken into the vet he diagnosed as mycoplasma. And since then I have dealt with chickens that seem congested and may sneeze.
Put out the ones with the swollen eyes?
Will my others catch on?
This is sad 😥
I gave them antibiotics hoping it would help but nope

So you're saying after healing they still developed the same symptoms again?

Back
Top Bottom