I have some pip now can we add a little zip?

andisgarden

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
I had 5 eggs under my little Barred cohin and I checked on her this morning and there were two eggs with little pips. I am a proud mama
big_smile.png
She is my fav and it doesn't surprise me that she would be my first broody. She is spoiled.

How long does it usually take from pip to zip? Also, I want her to raise them so do I just move her to a box on the floor with a small feeder and water near her? Also, I have had a terrible outbreak of Coci last week and lost several birds. They are on Sulmet right now what precautions can I take to make sure the babies don't die from this? I will feed medicated crumbles.

Thanks,

Andrea

I have 18 various copper and blue copper maran eggs in the bator right now. I love marans
smile.png
Due to hatch October 7th... I can hardly wait. I need to get a flashlight to candle them.

5 babies from 5 eggs..YEAH Barbara (my broody) she is a good mama. When do I give them water and food. I don't want to handle them too soon.

You were right. I put her in a big box with food and water and immediatly she started pecking away and the babies followed her lead. It is so cute.

Thanks,

andrea

Back
Top Bottom