I have started building a "MONSTER" of a coop and run!2

holy S**t thats a freakin HUUUUUUGE chicken house! How many birds are you planning on keeping???man i hope you like eggs!

I have 26 hens now. In the spring I plan to get a couple dozen pullets and a few cockerels. How many I will end up with I'm not sure. I guess add some till they get crowded then eat a few.

Gregg'sEggs :

Oh by the way, I have plans in the making for another coop that I'll start building in the spring of 2010 or 2011. I plan on it being 3x the size of this one(about 24' X 40'), believe it or not.

Now you just need to build a duplicate one facing the one you just finished and add a monitor style roof in between.

monitor_coop.jpg

Well I did plan on building the second coop facing the one I'm building now. But had a diff idea......

Here is a very rough view from above....

Use you imagination....
2ndbuild.jpg

Giving my 3 breeds each 2 coops 1 @ 24' x 10' , 1@ 8'x 10' with a combined run of 48' x 10'. Giving each breed 320 sq ft of coop space and 480 sq ft of run space. The separation between the runs would be removed!

Looks like quite the project.
smile.png

Last year I saw a photo on the old BYC forum of somebody framing one up like the sketch I posted. It was a smaller one with just enough room in between for a person to walk through and access a pen on each side. I tried to find the post some time later but could never find it again. I want a large one like that with the hen doors to the outside. The inside walls would just be chicken wire and doors to multiple pens on each side of a center aisle that would be used for access and storage.

I painted 90% of the coop today......I tell you what.....

Red oil base barn paint is not fun to clean up!

More pictures to come when I finish painting, painting the trim and putting it up.

Silkelovr Wrote:
PICTURES PICTURE PICTURES....I want some

I have posted tons of pictures in this thread.....kinda step by step pictures.

Amanda, start back on page 1 and work your way thru to page7..... by page 7 you might be tired of pictures.....lol​

Back
Top Bottom