I have the best FIL. AKA Where to find plans for an ark?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Emilys3guppies, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    My FIL hates birds, especially poultry, but has a soft spot in his big manly heart for rabbits. So when I asked him for his (years) empty rabbit coop his eyes lit up and he agreed...before asking what I was keeping. LOL. Jumbo coturnix.

I also want 3 silkies...so I showed him some pics of them and how much they are like bunnies...like to be pet, fed, get excited to see you, ect. Now he's agreed to help me build an ark for them!

He's very handy and could probably draw up plans himself...but I feel I present a better case as a responsible poultry owner to bring him blueprints.

Can anyone recommend any free or inexpensive plans for a chicken ark? I don't want anything huge...I'd like a footprint of 4' by 6'. I've searched a bit and found some finished products but am curious enough to ask in my own thread too. [​IMG]

Thanks so much for all the help!
    Emily

2. okie_biddy

okie_biddy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2009
    On the Mother Earth News website search for Mother's mini coop. Hope that helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by