I have the fever!

Therrm

In the Brooder
May 6, 2015
First time incubating. Day 21 starts tomorrow. Already 4 for 4 on courtnix quail, 10 of 11 chickens went into lockdown, 2 have hatched, 2 more have pipped, and 11 pheasant eggs still cooking. Im already picking what day would be best to start my next batch. Counting the days down, these are my days off, wedding this weekend, etc. I have the fever.

Final tally. 7 for 10 on chicken eggs. (The three that didnt hatch pipped internally but never broke through the shell). 4 for 4 on quail and 9 for 11 on pheasant (but two have since died in the brooder). Planning on setting some more on Friday and trying round two.

It's so addicting, isn't it! I'm on my 3 batch in a row! First two sets were chickens and the third is day 11 for peafowl eggs! I'd love to do quail eggs, but I have no idea what I would do with baby quail! They are so adorable though! Was it awesome to see them hatch??

I didnt see the quail hatch but I couldnt have missed it by much. Went to bed at 1:00 and got up at 6:00 and they were out. I could fit all 4 of them in my hand with room to spare, so tiny. I did get to see the chickens and pheasant hatch. The chickens pipped and hatched in the next 24 hrs, the pheasants pipped and were out in and hour or two.

Back
Top Bottom