I have to hand it to all of you at BYC....WE HAVE EGG!!!!

orchidchick

Songster
14 Years
Mar 23, 2008
south florida
Thanks to all for the great advice, humor, entertainment..as if the chickens themselves weren't enough!
Yesterday, after I came home from the Horse Farm that I work at, I put the final touches on the window trim on the latest coop i have been working on in the garage for my "Dream Girls" and was cleaning up when I heard the most godawful racket coming from the back yard, and I am thinking the worst. It sounded like they were being murdered in the worst way. By the time I ran out to the back yard, the three of them are running around like crazy, but then stop and look at me like, "So,what have you got?" I realize the bunker has not been breached, but am now crawling around trying to see if there is something slithering around their run either below or above.....it dawns on me to check the nest box.......there it is..the most beautiful, perfect, large brown egg right next to the golf ball! Now I am looking around to see if I am on someone's "candid camera" or the equivalent "punked"! Nope...but thanks to you guys we have a very successfull FIRST EGG!!!

THANKS!!!!! from Orchidchick, Loreen (new layer) Dina, & Michele, and in Memory of Effie who didn't survive the raccon raid

Congrats!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom