I have to talk POLISH!

I currently have a silver laced polish Miss Priss who I absolutely adore but having her as a free range chicken has been tough her top feathers fall in her face so she can't see anything so she relies purely on the sound of the other chickens and she is constantly getting lost or stuck in weird places o would really like to help her see better I think it would improve her quality of life and keep her from getting picked on or a easy target. Any suggestions?

You can either tape it up with painters tape or trim the crest feathers shorter in front so she can see if she's just a pet. I usually tape but I plan on showing my polish next spring in
March, the other chickens could pick at the tape so you would probably be better off trimming

Last edited:
I currently have a silver laced polish Miss Priss who I absolutely adore but having her as a free range chicken has been tough her top feathers fall in her face so she can't see anything so she relies purely on the sound of the other chickens and she is constantly getting lost or stuck in weird places o would really like to help her see better I think it would improve her quality of life and keep her from getting picked on or a easy target. Any suggestions?

I had one that I trimmed the feathers back just enough so she could see but could still appreciate her lovely crest. I did it at night so she wasn't moving around much with hubby holding her. It helped her tons.
Unfortunately we lost her to some unknown reason but while she was here she was our favorite girl.

Something is happening I my polish I've had 2 polish hens die in the last 2 months. The One hen that died last month had a similar episode prior to her death but fully recovered before her second episode which she did not.
My other hen just passed in my arms. They get weak then within 2-48he's they are gone. That's it. no outside signs of illnes. No injury. None of the other breeds have had issues, and no deaths from the other breeds. I also had a polish too that I just knew would die and he actually pulled through and is continuing to do well.
I'm ready to be done with this breed. What am I doing wrong?
I'm so heart broken tonight

We have just got into the Polish business and have gold laced,silver laced and a blue and we're wondering what colors you get when you cross them. Any experience crossing a gold laced with a silver laced or blue. Our roos are Blu and gold laced

Can anyone help me- is this a rooster ? I got it from a breeder and it was supposed to be sexed but I think it looks like a rooster. About 16 weeks old. No crowing yet..

Can anyone help me- is this a rooster ? I got it from a breeder and it was supposed to be sexed but I think it looks like a rooster. About 16 weeks old. No crowing yet..

That wild hairdo and those hackles show that you have got yourself a male. Sorry, a pullet would have a nice rounded cap like bonnet

Hello... this is my 1st post here. This seemed like a good spot to ask some questions. Obviously I am new to polish. I have 3 hens now. 2 silver laced and 1 wc black. I just purchased some pricey polish off of Facebook. I asked if they were show quality and she said no, but they were breeder quality. I am going to post pictures so you call can explain on what needs improved upon. Tia
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom