I have to talk POLISH!

Pics
Very pretty birds. I get such a kick out of the frizzle Polish. Just too cool. I'm hoping to breed my Polish with a frizzle. I may even mix a Polish with a frizzle cochin. We'll see, not too sure yet. I'm also hoping I can get a friend to hatch some eggs for me.

Is anyone going to the Bluebonnet? I will be looking for friends for Oooot so I can put her back outside. She's a buff laced and if I can't find a friend I am willing to part with her.

Quote:
If you're looking to add frizzle to your flock, find a frizzle polish that you can breed with. The problem with crossing a frizzle cochin into the mix is going to be breeding back type, and you will wind up with a vulture hock issue from the cochin that is a pain to breed out.

Quote:
We will have eggs at some point in time between now and spring if you are looking for eggs. Or possibly started birds later toward summer. We've been asked to ship chicks, but personally I don't like the risk of shipping chicks.
59227_dscn1176.jpg

1614296.jpg

7485679.jpg

Quote:
We will have eggs at some point in time between now and spring if you are looking for eggs. Or possibly started birds later toward summer. We've been asked to ship chicks, but personally I don't like the risk of shipping chicks.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59227_dscn1176.jpg
http://www.creeksideacreshomestead.com/uploads/2/7/6/6/2766304/1614296.jpg?318
http://www.creeksideacreshomestead.com/uploads/2/7/6/6/2766304/7485679.jpg?657

Eggs would be great. How many do you have being layed right now?

Quote:
If you're looking to add frizzle to your flock, find a frizzle polish that you can breed with. The problem with crossing a frizzle cochin into the mix is going to be breeding back type, and you will wind up with a vulture hock issue from the cochin that is a pain to breed out.

If I can find a frizzle Polish I will definitely breed with that. Problem is, around here their aren't to many Polish chickens let alone frizzles.

Some are looking for eggs. Maybe I should put them on auction but I would like to know the best way to pack the eggs so they don't break. Anyone here can give me some advise on this?

Search "egg packaging" in the search bar up top. You will get many answers to this question. Here's how I do it. Each egg is wrapped in bubble wrap, then placed into an egg carton. The carton is taped shut and then packed into a USPS priority mail box. I believe it is a 12"x12"x8", these are free from the post office. Around the carton inside the box I pack newspaper, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, or whatever I have on hand. The idea is to keep the egg carton stationary so that when the postal service kicks the box down the flight of stairs, regardless of the writing on it that says "FRAGILE, HATCHING EGGS, THIS SIDE UP, DO NOT X-RAY, etc", the eggs will be in their nicely packed and cushioned nest and hopefully make the ride unharmed. I've received many packages of eggs like this and the results were great.
I have also received eggs that were individually bubble wrapped, then those individual eggs were rolled "burrito style" into a blanket like tube of bubble wrap. These burritos were packed into a box as described above. I have had good results from receiving eggs packed this way also.

ETA: Fixed typos.

Last edited:
Quote:
The red "pullet" looks more like a red "roo" to me...
hide.gif

I think youre right. It got really "Bitey" with me last night, haha. that makes ONE polish pullet out of the eight that i ordered. go figure. at least its the splash! Theres a show next month in sacramento and hopefully i can find some polish there. anyone going that will have pullets?

well I finally got some pics of my gilbert and nancy like i promised. anyone remember them as little 'uns? i feel like it was just yesterday! I wish little red would have survived to be this old, he would have been gorgeous, but it looks like one of the other red roos is shaping up to be a lot like him. so maybe someday he will be a good replacement. Gilbert crowed for the first time yesterday and Nancy squatted for me today!
wee.gif

so i thought it might be fun to show some " growing up" pics
big_smile.png

Gilbert
664f9ee5.jpg

95c2b5ea.jpg

b6d5adb9.jpg

b4cdaca0.jpg

59b77791.jpg

26168382.jpg

9f3d8df3.jpg

6af3ed0e.jpg