I have to talk POLISH!

Pics
Quote:
Wishing I could hatch mine.

All my Polish are laying now and the temptation is KILLING ME, as these will be, whenever I begin incubating, my first true Tolbunts from my flock to hatch, but, winter just began so I'm not going to risk it. I've got only one heat lamp out there right now already serving about 30 young pullets/cockerels (mutts) and just in the last month I've lost about 7 from overnight trampling for warmth. Temps went down to the 20's which I know is weak for most people but here that's pretty darn cold, especially when you have a non-insulated coop and one heat lamp.

Quote:
lau.gif
! I really don't no what to say.......
gig.gif
So? what did she think of the group??
fl.gif

Quote:

All my Polish are laying now and the temptation is KILLING ME, as these will be, whenever I begin incubating, my first true Tolbunts from my flock to hatch, but, winter just began so I'm not going to risk it. I've got only one heat lamp out there right now already serving about 30 young pullets/cockerels (mutts) and just in the last month I've lost about 7 from overnight trampling for warmth. Temps went down to the 20's which I know is weak for most people but here that's pretty darn cold, especially when you have a non-insulated coop and one heat lamp.

Sorry Mahonri about your chick and eggs.

Illia, sounds like you need to pick up another heatlamp.

As for me? I wish I had an incubator so I could hatch my eggs. My girls are putting out every day so far. I've only had them for 2 weeks. So far so good. I don't even know how old they are. They guy who gave them to me was in such a hurry to go back to his football game that I didn't have a chance to ask...... haha.

Quote:

None of my GL polish have started back laying after molting and the tolbunt is taking her sweet time getting to POL. They do lay fairly well though when they are laying.

I was so eggsited today, when I saw an egg in one of the laying boxes in my Polish house! They're about 24 weeks.......picked it up and it was BROWN!!!!!!
ep.gif
Turns out one of the girls from egg layer flock got locked in the Polish pen the night before. When my husband went to let everyone out this morning he said he was shocked when the RIR shot out of the pop door! Guess she was comfortable enough to lay an egg while she was visiting! Maybe she was just showing off...hope the Polish girls took notes!

The group is a little smaller than her in age and size. Even able to see she still kept pecking too much at everyone so I'm at a loss. They've been next to each other since hatching. The one that looked like a Spitz didn't make it so now I have this one alone. She's living in the house so she doesn't freeze overnight or get picked on by the big girls. She wants to be with the people and doesn't get along with chickens. Hopefully I can find some Polish buddies for her soon.

Back
Top Bottom