I have worms in my Eggs? Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaChickenGirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 31, 2013
I have been selling eggs for 3 years now but I recently got a message from one of my buyers saying they found a worm in their egg, I didn't think it was possible but after doing some research I found out it can happen, I read that if you do find a worm in an egg it means you are not taking care of you chickens very well, I try to do what I can but because of where the coop is it will get quite muddy (the floor is clay) and I have to work really hard to keep it dry!

Like I said before the floor is clay so there aren't any little pebbles to eat and I am thinking maybe the reason why there are worms in my eggs is because there aren't any pebbles for them to eat?

Is there a way to get rid of the worms without using drugs?
I am going to start giving them DE and ACV will that help at all?
I am also thinking of giving them garlic powder.

I give my chickens clean water everyday and Ostershell twice a day(It disappears within 20 minutes)

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can put on the floor to make it more dry?

DE and ACV will not rid your hens of worms they already have. You will need to worm them and then not eat their eggs for 10-14 days after. You can use course sand/gravel over the clay base to help keep it dry and the course sand will have small grit/stones the chickens can eat. Mix DE in the sand to help keep it dry. You can purchase masonary sand which is course and with gravel in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom