I hear a peep in the egg..Help

Just be aware if you jack the humidity up to much you could very easily kill it by drowning in all that moisture. I think you are just better off leaving it alone than start messing with the humidity.

Sounds like she's got the egg in an open box, not an enclosed incubator. Not sure the humidity will get 'that' high, and it'll need some humidity right? Seems it'll need a little more than the house humidity while under a light bulb... not sure though. While it is best to learn as much as possible first, since it's too late for that, best to try to get these peeps out for now.

For one thing Katness, don't try to 'break' the chicks out of their eggs, let them do the work, even if it takes a long time. I hope you've been reading here, and know it can take them days after they start to chirp inside the eggs, and once they peck a hole in the shell, it can still take a longer time than you think it should. a day or more in fact. That's partly why their drying out too much because they can 'stick' to the shell too much... don't panic though, chicks have been hatching out for hundreds of years.

go up to the "Learning Center" link at the top of the page and start reading while you wait for things to progress.

Thank you all for all you help, I have learned so much here. Thats why I came to this forum to learn from those that know what their doing. I did get a humidifier and put it on low, its seem to be helping, Its has cracked the egg and I can still hear it. Can anyone give me any tips on what kind of incubator i should get???? Please..
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom