I heard a disturbing suggestion from a 4H father, wondering if anyone else has heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I figured, because I know that my experience with for age was about caring for the animals and raising them. It had nothing to do with harming them, and I cannot imagine that for age would propagate torture for any animal.
It wasn't 4H leader that was telling you this though was it...it was just a kid's father in the group?

I thought you meant a churchy type person.
Sorry.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

No. Just... No. Avoid that guy totally.
amen.gif

I had a 4-H father tell me the other day that 4H suggests breaking the legs of meat birds so that they don’t move around too much and you just pump the food to them. This is not something that I would ever do, because I want my chickens to have a fantastic life and one bad day. Has anybody else heard this? Or is this just some persons idea of a joke?
4H absolutely does not as a community suggest that

If that guy is raising meat birds, I'd call the Humane Society and tell them what he said. That's got to be animal cruelty!
I would agree, however, I live in New York, and apparently here in New York, it’s not even a crime to burn down a house full of people and animals. So I don’t put much stock in our animal, cruelty office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom