I highly believe that one bird has Mareks...now what? Scared!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Molbaygun, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Molbaygun

Molbaygun Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    New Milford, CT
    One of my 5 month old black sex linked TSC babies was sluggish at least 10 days ago so I removed her from the flock. (Does TSC vaccinate their chicks?) She has been in a separate cage in the shed, away from the flock. She was eating and drinking the past week. Within five or so days she was falling over and not getting up. Her balance was off. Her neck was curving to the side. She would try to hold it up and it would go to the side. Her eyes were closed. She was breathing. After work this afternoon I went out to check on her and she was laying on her side. Her feet were stretched out. Eyes closed, I called to her and her head moved a bit, her eye opened then closed. She moved a bit but could not get up. I can't stand seeing her like this. I gave her water through a syringe. She wouldn't eat. I could call the vet and have her euthanized. Is that my only option. What is happening to her? What about my other girls? They are all looking and acting normal. Not sluggish at all. Any advice is welcomed!

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
  3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have heard of "wry neck" on this message board, but don't know what it is. Have you ruled that out?

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Does she act cold? Like standing all fluffed up with ruffled feathers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by