I hope the rest of my day is better...

Crazyland

Songster
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Sandhills NC
We lost "Beautiful" last night.
This morning my daughter brings her in saying she found her dead in the coop. I wasn't sure why she had died. She showed no signs just that last night she was a little off, not as flighty when I tried to pick her up and kinda stood off away from the group.
Took the kids to school.
Went out to breakfast with my 3yo, what a treat!
Picked up the catfish I had ordered a month ago for the pond.
Pick up a larger feeder as the chicks inside are getting bigger and eat more plus some dog food.
Come home and their is bloody poop plus 3 more chicks are a little off. Now we know why Beautiful died.
sad.png

Back to the feed store to treat them all for Cocci. Asked for a tiny syringe. Come home and find out he gave me a needle! He knew I was going to be using a syringe to get some water down the chickens so why give me a needle syringe?
Finally found one that I had used for the kids when they were sick. Small enough for the birds.
Figure out how much to give them in a gallon. Scale needs a knew battery and I don't have any on hand.
Get that all fixed, made sure the birds that are not readily drinking the water get some. This was so much fun! NOT!
Clean out the coop. Lay down more DE.
Clean the big birds coop while I am at it.

Now I am waiting for my 3yo to wake from his nap. The cookies in the oven to finish baking. And then run to get the older kid from school to rush back home to wait for the other to get off the bus.

Lets hope for no more running around today and the rest of the chickens to be ok.

Cookies have all been eaten.
Kid fell in the mud while playing down near the pond.
Can't see any of the fish so they must have all survived so far and gone to deeper water.
Rest of the chickens seem to be doing ok. Have a funny picture will have to upload later.

We lost Little Red (RIR) and one that was not named yet, a little silkie cross. The silkie passed in my arms this morning.

I am half way through building a rabbit hutch on my own. No plans as everything is in my head. Only have the dimensions of the roof.
A good way to end a bad morning.

Back
Top Bottom