I just ate my first Muscovy... (don't look if you love Muscovies!)

OK I was hungry before now I am staving.
droolin.gif
I love duck but we do not have any yet. Great job.

That looks delicious. I love duck but it's hard to find around here, either at a restaurant or grocery store. I may trying raising a couple with the chickens this year.

Quote:
Insane! I have a pheasant and one of those fetches $150 here!!! I'm like, darn, how can I eat something worth so much!?? But on the other hand.. how else will I ever eat a $150 bird for $5 in feed?

Duck here is suuuuuper pricey. Well, free for me.
big_smile.png

I'm still really really proud. I raised this meal from an egg, man!! Yaaay!

Thanks everyone! It was sooooo delicious!

A restaurant we visit sometimes on vacation has "Crispy Duck" on the menu. I believe they steam the duck whole until most of the fat is rendered out and the meat is falling off the bone tender. Then, when somebody orders one, they cut it into quarters and sear it off in a screaming hot pan to crisp the skin up.

My other favorite way to have duck is to cook boneless skinless breasts on the grill until medium rare and then slice very thin cross ways. It makes a wonderful hors d'oeuvre to serve each slice on a crostini with a dab of pepper jelly.

I wish my wife liked duck, I hate to spend all day cooking something she doesn't care for.

Back
Top Bottom