I just can't take it. :(

PippyChicken

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2009
AL
Here's the info:

I hatched a beautiful wonderful amazing little ducky on November 23,2010. I had wanted ducks for 2 year+ & I finally got her precious self. She absolutely meant the WORLD to me. I hatched her from and egg and watched her grown up and turn into a very beautiful girl. She started laying a few weeks ago. I was so proud of her and her eggs. Everyday I would go out there and yell "Weeeendylouu!" She would just "quack,quack,quack,QUACK!" Wendy just brightened my day everyday. I have no idea what happened.. I walked in on her on June 15,2011 and she was just sitting there and I thought she was laying an egg so I left her peacefully alone. A few hours later I walked down there and saw her head laying down,and she wouldn't answer when I called so I frantically walked inside and there was her body lying dead. I have no words to describe how awful I feel about this
hit.gif
I can't stop crying because now I have nothing but memories.I have been crying nonstop and just can't get my mind off her. She was always healthy so I have no clue how it happened. She died peacefully.. I just feel horrible. I'm really sorry about this rant but I need to get it off my shoulders. I hope you will understand and won't think I'm overreacting..
hit.gif
hit.gif

You definitely are NOT overreacting. She was your one and only and your precious baby! It is ok to cry.
hugs.gif

How awful and strange that she passed so young...I don't know a lot about ducks, so someone else may be of more help.

I'm sorry this has happened, but I know she was very, very loved
hugs.gif

Wendylou sounds like she was a very special and beloved pet. Coming here to share your loss was a good idea, we will understand your loss as many of us hear have also lost a special duck. For now- cry all you need to - its good to get it out. In time your memories will no longer make you cry- and you will smile when you think of her and how she touched your life. She knew she was loved and quacking her head off when you called her was a way for her to show it to you- now your tears are your way of showing the loss you feel- dont hold them back.
hugs.gif

Sorry for your loss. It is always difficult to have a loss and to not know why makes it harder. Be kind to yourself and it is okay to grieve.

Been there done that and it sounds like she was a well tended girl and we are not able to predict everything so think of all the warm fuzzy times you guys had. Glad she was a happy duck in your care!

Back
Top Bottom