I just committed myself to BIG $$$ expenditure....

maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
That's right...I'm freaking out, but it had to be done.

My boiler will not get me through another winter and my gas bills are scary.

I just got myself a Visman 83.7% effeciancy boiler...130-140 BTU range.

Says it will reduce my gas bill by 40-50% and that I can get up to $1500 next year on my taxes for installing an efficient boiler with the bill Obama just passed.

This includes pull out old beast and plumbing and disposal, venting, gas, electric, parts and labor.

For about $6000 (and it's the same as another quote from a different company). And includes 10 years parts and labor. And I will have a payment plan since I can't pay it all up front...hopefully being able to pay more monthly at times than the min. payment and get it paid off sooner.

fl.gif
Here goes nothing...

me,
g

I feel your pain Maplesky... We have been nursing our heating/AC unit along since we moved here 5 years ago. Parts here...tweak there... I assume, that since we have no money and are determined to accrue no new debt, this will be the year she goes. It is the original unit when the house was built in 1986! I don't even want to try the A/C out... and since we have my elderly Mom here, I pretty much have to run it when it gets warm or she steams...literally. Best wishes on the new boiler.... hope it keeps ya toasty warm!

OH, gosh - that has to scare you, committing to that much $. But...gosh, heat's one of the most important things for survival, and you'll get great use out of it! Congrats on making the plunge...come fall, you'll be so glad you did, I'm sure!!
smile.png

Oh my - we're trying to squeeze every last bit of life out of ours too! Thankfully we bought the woodstove a couple of years ago and that heats the house most of the time!

It sounds like you did well between the rebate and the high efficiency unit you bought. If you feel like sharing, I'd be curious to know what your payments are. I understand if you don't want to say because that really is kinda personal.

Good luck with it!
fl.gif

Last edited:
$120 for 60 months.

But as I figure...the rebate covers the diff. so I really will spend $6000.

Back
Top Bottom