I just couldn't do it...

I had an old cat for fifteen years, and the squirrels believed he could get them. They never came on the porch or after the bird seed until he died of old age this summer. Now they're bold as brass, and I DISTINCTLY saw one of them thumb his nose at me this morning! The little twerp!

The squirrels used to torment my aunt Sue's poodle. They knew EXACTLY how long her chain was and would stand right beyond her reach and chatter at her. Uncle would add a few extra links now and again just to keep them on their toes...LOL

I am raisng a baby squirrel right now... It's eyes opened up last week. we have plenty of them around here so will send the little tike to a rehabilitator friend in a few weeks and she will release it in her area.. Someone killed all the ones they had.. Now the hawks are after the other animals and birds around there.. They want to build the squirrel population back up.

I have three cats , and only one hunts the squirrels.. on of our two small dogs loves to chase them up a tree.
I loved the post about the little dog and letting out the chain a few links.. I can just picture the look on the squirrels faces when the little dog almost gets to them.. I know the are up the tree and fussing up a storm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom