I just got a letter from the zoning board :*(

hugs.gif

Waiting is always a pain. Here's hoping the note on your run is a good sign!

Quote:
Sheesh...I wonder if they require a permit for everybody's doghouse too? That's just ridiculous...we are going to have to do some serious work in this country to remind the bureacracy that *they* work for *us*, and not the other way around. Well, I hope they don't put you through too much red tape to get that permit...some places it's easier to just pay the fine than actually get the permit.

I had a run in with a zoning board. Not for ducks, but for a mini horse.

Most zoning boards do nothing until they receive a complaint. I even hired a lawyer and eventually "lost".

The crux of my case was the term "livestock".

I purchased my home over 35 years ago when it was zoned rural-residential. What I didn't know (because they keep it quiet) was that the zoning board drew new lines to include my entire neighborhood in a residential zone to be able to collect more taxes.
Needless to say I have since moved, kept my horse, got ducks, got chickens and happier in the country.

By the sounds of you letters from the board, it sounds like you just need to fill out some permits and your good.

Go the easy route, be nice and cooperative. Good luck.
fl.gif

Quote:
I agree with this. It sounds like the letter is a positive sign and all you need to do is pay for a permit. Keep us posted!

Quote:
Sheesh...I wonder if they require a permit for everybody's doghouse too? That's just ridiculous...we are going to have to do some serious work in this country to remind the bureacracy that *they* work for *us*, and not the other way around. Well, I hope they don't put you through too much red tape to get that permit...some places it's easier to just pay the fine than actually get the permit.

DuckLuck, i never looked at it that way, they work for us, WOW! you just opened my eyes, and its the truth to, they work for us, and they shouldnt do this to someone who has ducks as pets, but that it also helps with her duaghters condition, and if they made me get rid of my ducks, i would go ape wall, or whatever it is, and i would get them back even if i had to move somewhere else, even though its hard taking care of ducks, sometimes, or animals in general, we do it because we love them. So good luck with all the government people, and i hope you get to keep your ducks!

Dumb-Clucks, That's great that you now live where you can have the mini horse plus lots more! I really wish I could move me and my daughter to the "country", but I just can't afford it on my own. I've been looking at home's for rent/sale all over, where they'd allow ducks. There's not much out there, and what is, is just too expensive for me.
idunno.gif

Dawn

Quote:

DuckLuck, i never looked at it that way, they work for us, WOW! you just opened my eyes, and its the truth to, they work for us, and they shouldnt do this to someone who has ducks as pets, but that it also helps with her duaghters condition, and if they made me get rid of my ducks, i would go ape wall, or whatever it is, and i would get them back even if i had to move somewhere else, even though its hard taking care of ducks, sometimes, or animals in general, we do it because we love them. So good luck with all the government people, and i hope you get to keep your ducks!

Well, I know that the tax bills can be deceiving, but yep, the way it's *supposed* to be is that they are working for us...though depending on the figures the bills show, I know it sure seems the other way sometimes!
wink.png
The best way to determine that is, we are paying their paychecks...because they sure aren't paying ours!
hmm.png

Quote:
Moving was a last resort. After living in the same place over 35 years it was time for a change. Keep looking. You'll find something that will fit your dreams.

I read all posted before commenting. If I missed some thing please tell me. You have not said if ducks in your city are considered. waterfowl,live stock,poultry or pets. You need to have the zoning board show you EXACTLY what the law reads. Right here is abunch of wiggle room for you. In my city you cant have livestock which chickens are included but not pheasants or ducks. Play nice with everyone first. After ALL options are used its hard ball. I won't post no more till you tell us exactly how your ordinince from your zoning board reads, (remember they have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you're breaking the law also) I feel your pain cause people tryed to make me have to give up my ducks back a coupla years back. I won and hope you do too.

Back
Top Bottom