I just got my chicks from Ideal!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Harley's girl, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

And I am very happy! All are in wonderful health. I ordered 12 and Quail_Antwerp ordered 3. And of course they sent packing peanuts. They look like barred rocks but can't tell for sure. And I am not sure of 1 of my pullet surprises. I can pick out 5. They are so cute and fluffy! I give a big thumbs up to Ideal. They shipped yesterday (29th) from Texas. And I got them today (30th)! I live in Ohio, and Northern Ohio at that!!! And to make it even better my eggs are hatching!!! [​IMG] So far I have 1 splash marans and 1 BLRWxsplash marans! They are so cute. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. citychickers

citychickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Littleton Colorado
    absolutely adorable!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    You lucky thing you! Pretty soon it will be too cold to ship day-olds. Yours look great!

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] I just got mine from Ideal this morning too. Mine were hatched on 10/29 at 10am and I got the call from my Post Office this morning at 7:30am. I can't believe how fast they got here. I was so worried [​IMG]. There was 1 that didn't make it, but that's to be expected. I don't think 1 out of 25 is bad. I'm getting more next week [​IMG]!, but from a different hatchery. I hope I get the same fast results. Congratulations! Now you can relax knowing they are safe and warm. [​IMG]

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Awww how cute!!! congrats on the new babies, I have been waiting alll darn week for mine from ideal to show up, so far nothing [​IMG] Hope mine show up as healthy and happy as yours did [​IMG]. I got no email telling me when they were gonna ship them out, i checked the bank account and payment was taken out on monday, i read on their site that they ship tues. and wed so i thought for sure i would get a call from the PO today . Maybe tomorrow

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  6. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Chickenaddict, you should call them and see when yours were due to be shipped out. I couldn't remember my shipment date so I just called them. They were really nice. Yours should be anytime, especially if they received payment. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awwww, how cute [​IMG] Wonder how many extra roos they sent you [​IMG]

8. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

my order from them came super fast too. [​IMG]

Adorable little fuzzies!!

9. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:I can't call it's long distance and our calling card has expired. I did send them an email and all she said was they ship out 2 days after payment which should have been today. Guess im gonna have to go out and buy a new calling card if i haven't gotten them by tomorrow. If they have been in the mail for 2 days im afraid they wont have a good start

10. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:They sent me 10. [​IMG] The thing is that 11 look the same so one of them is a pullet. I can only identify 5 of my pullet surprise. Oh well I am sure I wil figure it out. [​IMG] They are all still doing great!!!! Eating and drinking like crazy. I am very happy to have them here safe and warm. I also had 2 more splash marans hatch out and 1 blue marans!! 4 more are pipped! [​IMG] What a great day!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by