I just got my chicks from Ideal!!!!!!!

Harley's girl

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Ohio (way out in the country)
And I am very happy! All are in wonderful health. I ordered 12 and Quail_Antwerp ordered 3. And of course they sent packing peanuts. They look like barred rocks but can't tell for sure. And I am not sure of 1 of my pullet surprises. I can pick out 5. They are so cute and fluffy! I give a big thumbs up to Ideal. They shipped yesterday (29th) from Texas. And I got them today (30th)! I live in Ohio, and Northern Ohio at that!!! And to make it even better my eggs are hatching!!!
big_smile.png
So far I have 1 splash marans and 1 BLRWxsplash marans! They are so cute.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

HPIM6386.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
I just got mine from Ideal this morning too. Mine were hatched on 10/29 at 10am and I got the call from my Post Office this morning at 7:30am. I can't believe how fast they got here. I was so worried
fl.gif
. There was 1 that didn't make it, but that's to be expected. I don't think 1 out of 25 is bad. I'm getting more next week
wee.gif
!, but from a different hatchery. I hope I get the same fast results. Congratulations! Now you can relax knowing they are safe and warm.
hugs.gif

Awww how cute!!! congrats on the new babies, I have been waiting alll darn week for mine from ideal to show up, so far nothing
sad.png
Hope mine show up as healthy and happy as yours did
big_smile.png
. I got no email telling me when they were gonna ship them out, i checked the bank account and payment was taken out on monday, i read on their site that they ship tues. and wed so i thought for sure i would get a call from the PO today . Maybe tomorrow

Last edited:
Chickenaddict, you should call them and see when yours were due to be shipped out. I couldn't remember my shipment date so I just called them. They were really nice. Yours should be anytime, especially if they received payment. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Quote:
I can't call it's long distance and our calling card has expired. I did send them an email and all she said was they ship out 2 days after payment which should have been today. Guess im gonna have to go out and buy a new calling card if i haven't gotten them by tomorrow. If they have been in the mail for 2 days im afraid they wont have a good start

Quote:
They sent me 10.
big_smile.png
The thing is that 11 look the same so one of them is a pullet. I can only identify 5 of my pullet surprise. Oh well I am sure I wil figure it out.
big_smile.png
They are all still doing great!!!! Eating and drinking like crazy. I am very happy to have them here safe and warm. I also had 2 more splash marans hatch out and 1 blue marans!! 4 more are pipped!
big_smile.png
What a great day!!!!

Back
Top Bottom