I just got my first hatching eggs in the mail! "Due" New Years Eve!!

2 of the flexible straws with one inserted into the other makes a great way to add water without opening the bator. The only problem you may have is something to insert into the end of the straw to pour the water in. I had a very small funnel and this setup works great. Have used it several times.

Hope this helps a little and if you have any questions just PM me.

JoanneNC

for the straw, roll wax paper into a tiny funnel. Works well and easy to make easy time you need it rather then searching for an itty bitty funnel.

ok im gonna go and try to find something the correct height....what a pain!
barnie.gif

k i got something, its the same height as the eggs while their on their sides, but once i put my big old thermometer/hergometer on top of it, its a good bit higher......ahhh i dont know

Hi! I'm not sure where you're reading about ratites & psittacines, but those are just fancy (species/family) names for parrots/hookbills ("psittacines") and some of the flightless birds like ostriches & emu (ratites), neither family of birds includes chickens at all... ??

I'm REALLY NEW to this whole chicken thing, BUT... I've been a Zookeeper for years, so am decent with species identification
wink.png

Just got my first incubator, too... am sure I will be mildly to moderately FREAKING OUT when I go to seet my first batch of eggs in the very near future!

Good luck, happy hatching!!

Back
Top Bottom