I just got taken for...

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am flaming mad at the moment.
somad.gif

Back in august I signed up for a Bundle deal from at & t ... they changed our phone changed our internet and then offered us free dish for a year! sounded great.. I even remember posting about getting this Dish!

They never gave us the free year and then sent us to the website to fill out a bunch of stuff and we got some rebate.. (personally thinking it was for the set up costs...)

IT CANCELED OUR FREE YEAR!!!

we got a measly $50 check in the mail that canceled the entire year of free dish..

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

then we have to pay 54$ a month for dish.. this whole thing is crazy!! we have talked to about 20 different people about this and no one can help us.

I am totally canceling everything.. ATT sucks!

Yeah, I am not a fan of AT&T or Dish network either. We use Verizon Fios and while their service isn't great, we have very few billing issues and we always manage to get someone on the phone.

hugs.gif

grrrrrrr I'd be mad too! I'm sorry this happend to you
rant.gif

I didnt even realize AT&T offered satelite
hu.gif
I thought the only 2 satelite companies out there for TV are Dish and Direct - both of which arent part of AT&T (I have Dish).

My experience is that AT&T is MUCH MORE expensive for phone usage than any other regular phone service. My mom had them and I about freaked when I saw her phone bill! I switched her over to Verizon's Freedom Essentials Package (unlimited local, toll and long distance calling) for $58.00 (including all taxes and fees).

She's saving over $40.00 a month now vs. AT&T
roll.png

I have Dish Network's 250 pkg and its like $65.00 a month (all inclusive) and includes 5 Starz movie channels as well. My phone bill and cell phone are both with Verizon so I get a $10.00 discount for bundling my 2 bills together also.

I wish we could get cable or FIOs out here, but all we have is satelite services for TV and internet - its outrageously expensive compared to other things
sad.png

Last edited:
Now they are wanting to charge me a cancelation fee because I signed up for a 24 month contract!!

BUT I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR THE FIRST 7 MONTHS NOT GETTING IT FREE LIKE THEY TOLD ME!

They didn't stick up to their bargan and expect me to pay mine!!!

I dumped AT&T earlier this year. I have no land lines at all. I just found out though since I am a senior senior citizen they have to provide me with emergency call out service even though the phone is technically disconnected. As soon as I find out the procedure to do so is, I'm doing it. Make up for all the times they ripped me off.

If you only need phone service Vonage or magicjack is good. I've had run ins with ATT and direct tv (hughsnet). Anytime I've had a problem with Vonage they've always been helpful.

I read an account on Consumerist where someone got a satisfactory 24-hour resolution by going straight to the top:

MaryMichelle Timbang
AT&T Wireless, HQ - Office of the President
Executive Customer Service
[email protected]

Good luck! Don't let 'em off the hook.

Don't even get me started on AT&T Cellular I will start to
hit.gif
and since I am on bed rest (pregnant) because of my blood pressure I will not even go there!!

wow I hate dealing with this type of stuff....bundle this and save, get this and save---most times you lose. Buyer beware big time...I know cause I got caught a few times also!
sad.png

but ATT just treated me great.

My DSL was $24.95 while with Bellsouth. ATT bought Bellsouth and their new price was $19.95, but $14.95 for new residental customers. I called and said, hey, I want that $19.95 price. She said we can do better....you get the $14.95 locked in 2 years.

I hung up the phone smiling.....so lucky call for me!!!

but I hear ya...it just doesn't pay sometimes to try to save money...LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom