I just had a freaking FOX in my house!!!

Foxes are very curious k9s. I have had them in my gaurd buildings, they go in the fire dept and hanger all the time. They do not have rabies, they are just used to people being all around and loose the fear they should have. The only reasons they have not been killed is all the places I stated you are not able to hunt, keep an extra eye out and get it b4 it gets your citters

I would have had a stroke, then heart attack, then fell over dead on the scene. The fox could have eaten me if it wanted to!
wee.gif

Quote:
Yep! Luckily that room is tiled!
wink.png
I'm sure when she goes out tomorrow she'll track it down. She is a Boston and has a very high prey drive. She loves to kill. But she doesn't ever touch the birds. Never will. She's probably the only dog I'll ever completely trust with my animals. She does understand that if anything threatens the birds, she can kill it. And frogs. She kills frogs, but not toads.
hu.gif

I blocked the door off. Maybe I should set a live trap up and catch the &#%€¥!! I'd probably just end up catching some of my more bratty chickens. They sneak in there, too!

Shelly

When we lived in New Mexico we owned a house where the previous owners had installed a doggy door in the bottom of the door leading to the garage. We didn't own any pets so it didn't get much use. Until one night...

My wife woke me up one night screaming something about a dog. I had left the garage door open about a foot and a small dog went into the garage, came into the house through the doggy door, and made it's way through the house to our bedroom where it proceeded to lick my wife on the cheek while she was sleeping. With all the yelling the dog left rather quickly the same way it had come in.
th.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif

When I lived in Florida, I got woke up one night with a lizard staring into my eye. I felt something on me and opened my eyes to see a lizard staring back at me. I was up and out of the bed like a bolt of lightening hit me. Then proceeded to tear my room apart looking for it. No way I was going back to sleep with it in there. I slept the rest of the night on the couch.
hit.gif

Another time we where in the bedroon which was a loft bedroom and heard things falling to the floor. I looked over the railing to see a very long snake with it's head stuck in the airconditioner and it's body was thrashing around knocking things in the floor. After it was removed, and not by me, it measured 6'5". I moved from that house.

Foxes that are used to people don't have to have rabies to act weird. I used to live and work on the ranch in Death Valley and there's a huge golf course there. Foxes and coyotes both lived in the hedges along the side of the course. They'd come out during the day and steal golf balls that were still in play, and beg for food from the golfers. I imagine it might have been unsettling to people seeing this for the first time.
lol.png

I think your fox may have come in looking for dog or cat food. If it was after your cat, the cat would be gone, no self-respecting fox will dawdle around your house if there's a meal to be had.

Maybe it just wanted to see the inside of your house. Got it's nerve up and came in where it saw your pets get in at? The few times I've seen foxes they where running across the road. Never seen one in my yard. I have had coyotes come up in the yard when I was out there. Now thats scarey. I ran for the house. My lab hears them and she wants to come in the house and she's not afraid of anything, except for coyotes.

She's the friendliest dog and will walk right up to a stranger carrying a gun and want petted but if she hears the coyotes she is very alert and ready to bail.

I got buzzed by a fox in our barn one year.
Went down to shut the horses in because it was 30 below zero.
Got them shut up and walked into the tack room to feed our one barn cat; at that time.
I looked at the cat and she was looking behind me and before I knew it she was up the ladder leading to the hay loft and something hit me along the side of the head.
It was the foxes tail as it jumped over my shoulder.
Scared the living daylights out of me.
Went and got DH and the 12 gauge shotgun. Hubby wouldn't let me shoot it with the shotgun. He shot it with the .22 rifle.

If they can get in somewhere they will.

Back
Top Bottom